1. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    18 Mar '20 13:16
    @hakima said
    I am starting home by way of Frankfurt today and London on Friday. I had a nasty encounter with three drunk neo Nazis at the train station in Weimar. I was shaken but now I’m just angry.

I wish I could have done more...like kneeing in the nuts the one who was shouting in my face demanding money, trying to take my bag, showing me his swastika tattoo and shouting heil Hitler in my face.
    They obviously are ill informed idiots. Hitler committed suicide nearly 75 years ago. Seriously. Every country has there fill of people like them, thankfully they are in the minority. You took the right approach as "they" tend to be violent. I sure hope you don't run into any more "jerks" on the rest of your return home.
  2. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    18 Mar '20 13:24
    @great-big-stees said
    They obviously are ill informed idiots. Hitler committed suicide nearly 75 years ago. Seriously. Every country has there fill of people like them, thankfully they are in the minority. You took the right approach as "they" tend to be violent. I sure hope you don't run into any more "jerks" on the rest of your return home.
    I wish I’d coughed in his face and yelled “Corona”
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    18 Mar '20 13:27
    @hakima said
    I don't think that would have been smart either, they may have turned on you in a bad way then.

-VR
  4. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    18 Mar '20 13:28
    @hakima said
    Maybe just head to a pub when ya get to London and have one...a Corona. 😉
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    18 Mar '20 13:29
    @great-big-stees said
    They may not find that funny at all!

-VR
  6. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    18 Mar '20 13:30
    @very-rusty said
    I don't think that would have been smart either, they may have turned on you in a bad way then.

-VR
    You are probably right
  7. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    18 Mar '20 13:32
    @great-big-stees said
    Not going to stay in London...I was told restrictions are pretty tight. I might not eat, let alone get a beer. I’m I. Frankfurt for two nights with a short two hour layover at Heathrow in Friday.
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    18 Mar '20 13:56
    @hakima said
    Not going to stay in London...I was told restrictions are pretty tight. I might not eat, let alone get a beer. I’m I. Frankfurt for two nights with a short two hour layover at Heathrow in Friday.
    The important thing I would think is for you to get back home as soon as you can.

-VR
  9. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    18 Mar '20 14:00
    @very-rusty said
    The important thing I would think is for you to get back home as soon as you can.

-VR
    Right...the epicenter of the C-19 deaths in the USA...

Seriously, I need to get back. There are people who need be and I have work to do.
  10. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    19 Mar '20 01:29
    @hakima said
    I am starting home by way of Frankfurt today and London on Friday. I had a nasty encounter with three drunk neo Nazis at the train station in Weimar. I was shaken but now I’m just angry.

I wish I could have done more...like kneeing in the nuts the one who was shouting in my face demanding money, trying to take my bag, showing me his swastika tattoo and shouting heil Hitler in my face.
    That sounds really scary but great that you stood up to them.

I’m glad that you’ve managing to get a plane home.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Mar '20 08:23
    @hakima said

Gosh I missed this post hakima, how are you now?

Germany’s open door border policy is driving the reemergence of extremism in a country renowned for its tolerance in recent decades.
  12. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    19 Mar '20 08:58
    @hakima said
    You are probably right
    Don't waste your time in a British pub drinking Corona!
    Lots of lovely real ales and ciders. mmmmmmmmmm
  13. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    19 Mar '20 09:04
    @divegeester said
    Gosh I missed this post hakima, how are you now?

Germany’s open door border policy is driving the reemergence of extremism in a country renowned for its tolerance in recent decades.
    Thank you so much for asking.

I am fine now and see my experience as something more to write about, although I did report it to the authorities at Deutsche Bahn and the city.

I am currently in Frankfurt in an airport hotel, awaiting my return flight tomorrow. Fingers crossed that I can do that!
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Mar '20 09:05
    @hakima said
    Did you travel the uk at all?

(Apologies if I missed you saying so)
  15. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    19 Mar '20 09:13
    @divegeester said
    Did you travel the uk at all?

(Apologies if I missed you saying so)
    Unfortunately, I did not. I had thought to do that early on in my plans but my writing project was in Germany and I thought, given my unfamiliarity with Germany and the language, I would distract my purpose with yearning for the familiarity England offered.

I did consider adjusting my plans late last week to stay over for a night in London but the travel restrictions got tighter and tighter...

I WILL get to England...after we have all survived the current situation, and when I do, I will be certain to personally let you know.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree