1. Joined
    22 Nov '16
    Moves
    08 Dec '16 01:18
    With the rapid development of highway construction, some domestic and imported pump concrete equipment has been widely used by construction units. However, in the concrete pouring operation, due to improper use, resulting in equipment blockage occurs from time to time, which not only affects the progress of the project, but also directly affect the quality of the project. ...
    With the rapid development of highway construction, some domestic and imported pump concrete equipment has been widely used by construction units. However, in the concrete pouring operation, due to improper use, resulting in e
  2. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    08 Dec '16 01:39
    Originally posted by quangongzi
    With the rapid development of highway construction, some domestic and imported pump concrete equipment has been widely used by construction units. However, in the concrete pouring operation, due to improper use, resulting in equipment blockage occurs from time to time, which not only affects the progress of the project, but also directly affect the qualit ...[text shortened]... struction units. However, in the concrete pouring operation, due to improper use, resulting in e
    You got out of your straitjacket again, didn't you?
  3. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    08 Dec '16 02:06
    This clown got quite a following in his other thread. I think he's practising using google translate.
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    08 Dec '16 02:241 edit
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    This clown got quite a following in his other thread. I think he's practising using google translate.
    Kewpie,
    I almost thought I had a chance to correct you on a spelling...LOL

practising or practicing depends on where you live how you spell it. Good thing I looked it up first. I know you don't make many if any Spelling mistakes. 😉

We all know, I make lots of them myself...LOL...

-VR
  5. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    08 Dec '16 03:00
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Kewpie,
    I almost thought I had a chance to correct you on a spelling...LOL

practising or practicing depends on where you live how you spell it. Good thing I looked it up first. I know you don't make many if any Spelling mistakes. 😉

We all know, I make lots of them myself...LOL...

-VR
    Rusty,
    Where I live, there's never a problem with practise and practice. One's a verb and the other's a noun or adjective.
    Not that even control freak grammar-nazis can't mess up occasionally. 🙂
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Dec '16 08:21
    Rusty,
    Where I live, there's never a problem with practise and practice. One's a verb and the other's a noun or adjective.
    In American English, both noun and verb are spelled practice.

I always assumed practise was a British thing, like favoring an 's' instead of a 'z' in words like criticizing.
  7. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    08 Dec '16 11:48
    With the rapid development of highway construction, some domestic and imported pump concrete equipment has been widely used by construction units. However, in the concrete pouring operation, due to improper use, resulting in equipment blockage occurs from time to time, which not only affects the progress of the project, but also directly affect the qualit ...[text shortened]... struction units. However, in the concrete pouring operation, due to improper use, resulting in e
    should that not say "concrete pumping Equipment" since the pumps pump concrete.

But then the legend goes that Mafia put corpses in foundations to dispose of them.
  8. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    08 Dec '16 12:03
    Originally posted by Suzianne

I always assumed practise was a British thing, like favoring an 's' instead of a 'z' in words like criticizing.
    The changes in English as it transferred to the US were supposed to make it simpler. As I recall, we have some -ise words and some -ize words, depending on the origin of the source word. The spelling reform in the US meant that it was easier for immigrants to learn English. I suspect that the practice/practise change was part of that reform, but it's a long time since I read up on this.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Dec '16 12:40
    He is running for a mayor in a small town in some southern state of USA.
    It's a speech.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Dec '16 13:464 edits
    Rusty,
    I realized I can't do echolink on the road, you have to be hooked to wifi so that limits me, while on the road, to a handitalkie. I'll see if I can hit Greenbrook with my little Tera TR-590, a decent HT, not one of the super cheapo's, it was something like $150 or so, dual band, dual volume control, 2 meters and 440, 5 watts. I have a gain antenna for the car so it gets me a bit more range but really need a 50 watt radio to hit the repeaters to and from work.

I have a nice 2 band, 2 mtr-440, 50 watt rig but has a poor solder joint on the antenna out jack so I have a bit of maintainance to do on that rig and then I will be much better set mobile speaking.

I tried echolink to W2QW but the connect failed, have to think about that. Maybe link with HT. If I can find what the freq/split/codes are.

So, Greenbrook W2QW, 146.625, minus,PL 141.3 and 442.250 also minus, same PL. I'll see if I hit it. Sounds familiar, I think I have it in the HT memory.

Yep, it's in memory, minus, transmit 146.025 but not hitting it from my location. Any others you can think of? I'm sure I can hit it from my car with the rooftop 2 meter whip hooked up to the HT though. I think it gives me about 6 db of gain.

I am able to hit it on 440 though, comes in strong. I think on 2 meters I have wrong PL, looks like 243 or so, NG for W2QW.
  11. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    08 Dec '16 16:25
    The changes in English as it transferred to the US were supposed to make it simpler. As I recall, we have some -ise words and some -ize words, depending on the origin of the source word. The spelling reform in the US meant that it was easier for immigrants to learn English. I suspect that the practice/practise change was part of that reform, but it's a long time since I read up on this.
    Please note the following from Wikipedia:

A spelling reform is a deliberate, often officially sanctioned or mandated change to spelling rules of a language. Proposals for such reform are also common and many languages have undergone such reforms. Recent high-profile examples are the German orthography reform of 1996 and the on-off Portuguese spelling reform of 1990, which is still being ratified by the different countries.
    There are a number of reasons driving such reforms: easing the task of children or immigrants becoming literate, making the language more useful for international communication, making etymology clearer, or for aesthetic or political reasons.
    Opposition to reforms is often based upon concern that old literature will become inaccessible, the presumed suppression of regional accents, or simple conservatism based on concern over unforeseen consequences. Reforms that concentrate on removing unnecessary difficulties ought to take account of such arguments. Reform efforts are further hampered by habit and, in many countries, a lack of a central authority to set new spelling standards.
    Spelling reform may also be associated with wider discussion of what the official script should be, language planning and language reform.
  12. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    08 Dec '16 20:00
    Originally posted by Suzianne

Easy to remember;
    just mentally refer to advice(n.) and advise(vt.) which retain different pronunciation.
    😀

Another "teacher-tip" brought to you by courtesy of the Grammar Police.
  13. Standard memberJerryH
    Hyperbole Happy
    Moves
    08 Dec '16 22:58
    The development of rapid, domestic highway, and construction concrete, has been by construction equipment imported with some widely used pump units.

However, improper use of the time equipment occurs due to the project, not from time blockage, but also directly pouring quality to the affect in the project, which in only the progress of the concrete affects the resulting operation.

Improper use of rapid, domestic highway, and construction concrete, has been pouring pump equipment operation units, resulting in imported concrete used by development due with in however widely to some of the construction.

e
  14. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    08 Dec '16 23:18
    Take it to the help forum Spanky

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree