1. Standard memberLEUR
    TEXAS
    STATE OF THE HEART
    Moves
    03 Jun '19 17:31
    What's with you people not understanding this capable, sensitive, caring, moral, philogynist individual?
  2. Gothenburg
    Moves
    03 Jun '19 17:35

Removed by poster

3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    03 Jun '19 18:44
    @leur said
    What's with you people not understanding this capable, sensitive, caring, moral, philogynist individual?
    They didn't give him the customary horse and buggy ride stating security issues. 😉

-VR
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    03 Jun '19 19:05
    @very-rusty said
    They didn't give him the customary horse and buggy ride stating security issues. 😉

-VR
    I dont think any POTUS takes an open carriage ride.
    At least not in recent history.
    Security do not allow it.
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    03 Jun '19 19:17
    @wolfgang59 said
    I dont think any POTUS takes an open carriage ride.
    At least not in recent history.
    Security do not allow it.
    NEWS
    Trump’s demand for ride in Queen’s carriage roils British security
    By Laura Italiano April 15, 2017 | 3:25pm | Updated
    Enlarge Image
    AFP
    President Trump wants to ride in the Queen’s gold-plated royal carriage when he visits London in autumn — an insistence that has thrown British security forces into a tizzy.

The carriage “would not be able to put up much resistance in the face of a rocket propelled grenade or high-powered ammunition,” one security source told the Times of London, noting that tens of thousands of people are expected to protest Trump’s visit.

“Armour-piercing rounds would make a very bad show of things,” the source added.

Still, the White House regards the carriage procession to Buckingham Palace as an essential bit of pomp for his state visit to the UK, currently planned for the second week of October, The Times reported Saturday.

Other world leaders have been treated to the traditional Horse Guards welcoming parade — in which the Queen’s ornate carriage is drawn down The Mall to Buckingham Palace by six white horses, each with its own top hat-wearing rider.

President Obama spared his hosts the trouble in 2011, instead speeding to the palace in a bullet and bomb-proof car.

But China’s Xi Jinping opted for the buggy ride in 2015 — though he chose to ride in an armor-plated closed carriage, rather than the Queen’s open and gold-plated version.

That same year, Mexican president Enrique Pena Nieto also took the Queen’s gilded carriage for a spin.

Now, sources are warning The Times that even without the carriage ride the security demands for Trump’s visit will dwarf those needed by other recent state visits.

“The vehicle which carries the president of the United States [during any state visit] is a spectacular vehicle,” the source told the newspaper.

“It is designed to withstand a massive attack like a low-level rocket grenade. If he’s in that vehicle he is incredibly well protected and on top of that it can travel at enormous speed.

“If he is in a golden coach being dragged up the Mall by a couple of horses, the risk factor is dramatically increased.

“There may well be protections in that coach such as bulletproof glass, but they are limited. In particularly it is very flimsy.”

More than 1.8 million Britons signed a petition demanding that the state visit be abandoned altogether because it will “cause embarrassment to Her Majesty the Queen.”

Aforementioned is what I read on it!!!

-VR
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Jun '19 02:42
    @very-rusty said
    NEWS
    By Laura Italiano April 15, 2017 | 3:25pm | Updated
    Enlarge Image
    AFP
    President Trump wants to ride in the Queen’s gold-plated royal carriage when he visits London in autumn — an insistence that has thrown British security forces ...[text shortened]... ill “cause embarrassment to Her Majesty the Queen.”

Aforementioned is what I read on it!!!

-VR
    I say if he wants an unsecured, not-safe-from-terrorism buggy ride, let him have his buggy ride.

😀
  7. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    04 Jun '19 05:16
    @leur said
    I watched the coverage of his arrival on the TV with interest. One reporter gave the analogy of him ‘throwing a mini grenade out of the window just before he landed’ regarding his tweet about Sadiq Khan, the Mayor of London, being a loser like the Mayor of New York. That made me smile. Too late to send the naughty boy back home. I thought he looked gigantic next to the queen btw. 🙂
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Jun '19 06:483 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Jun '19 06:55
    @leur said
    You Americans elected him but we are in the wrong for being diplomatic and showing the office of POTUS and your country respect, is that it?
  10. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    04 Jun '19 11:59
    @drewnogal said
    I watched the coverage of his arrival on the TV with interest. One reporter gave the analogy of him ‘throwing a mini grenade out of the window just before he landed’ regarding his tweet about Sadiq Khan, the Mayor of London, being a loser like the Mayor of New York. That made me smile. Too late to send the naughty boy back home. I thought he looked gigantic next to the queen btw. 🙂
    He does appear to enjoy a "good" meal. 😉
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    04 Jun '19 12:06
    @drewnogal said
    Pretty much anyone would look gigantic standing next to the Queen who is around 5'3" Trumpster is around 6'2", she just may have more power than him world wide though. 😉 At least more friends than enemies I would assume.

-VR
  12. Gothenburg
    Moves
    04 Jun '19 12:08
    @very-rusty said
    Pretty much anyone would look gigantic standing next to the Queen who is around 5'3" Trumpster is around 6'2", she just may have more power than him world wide though. 😉 At least more friends than enemies I would assume.

-VR
    She is a great Queen despite her size.
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    04 Jun '19 12:081 edit
    @divegeester said
    You Americans elected him but we are in the wrong for being diplomatic and showing the office of POTUS and your country respect, is that it?
    I don't think it is so much respecting the man as the position the man holds!

I believe the protesters were going to be gathering in London today. He doesn't have a lot of fans over there, it seems.

-VR
  14. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    04 Jun '19 13:42
    @great-big-stees said
    He does appear to enjoy a "good" meal. 😉
    I’m sure the Palace served up its very best. Had I been Jeremy Corbyn I’d have done the polite thing and attended as the menu looked delicious, not to mention the finest of wines and ....oh yes, it could come in handy if I became the Prime Minister and was looking to securing a few deals for the floundering UK with Mr Trump?
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    04 Jun '19 14:18
    @drewnogal said
    I’m sure the Palace served up its very best. Had I been Jeremy Corbyn I’d have done the polite thing and attended as the menu looked delicious, not to mention the finest of wines and ....oh yes, it could come in handy if I became the Prime Minister and was looking to securing a few deals for the floundering UK with Mr Trump?
    What I see is you have a Prime Minister and a President both on their way out!

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree