1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Dec '17 06:45
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Of course.

Wait. "We"? Like you and me?

Yes, of course I believe that 12 Americans walked on the moon.
    I apologise, I misremembered you as being one of those who thought it was a conspiracy
  2. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    14 Dec '17 09:52
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    I apologise, I misremembered you as being one of those who thought it was a conspiracy
    Well, of course it's a conspiracy! You don't think the moon really is large enough for people to walk on, do you? I mean, look at it. You can cover it with your thumb at arm's length! Even at the horizon it's hardly larger than a tall tower - probably smaller than the Vehicle Assembly Building itself. So how could a Saturn possibly land on it?
    And anyway, it doesn't even look like a proper planet. It's more like a wad of dirty cardboard, or a half-eaten tub of cream cheese.

So yeah, of course this so-called "moon" "landing" is a hoax. Never mind getting there through a vacuum, never mind the cost. It much closer than They want you to believe, we could get there easily. What we can't do is land there.
  3. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    14 Dec '17 18:42
    Originally posted by @shallow-blue
    Well, of course it's a conspiracy! You don't think the moon really is large enough for people to walk on, do you? I mean, look at it. You can cover it with your thumb at arm's length! Even at the horizon it's hardly larger than a tall tower - probably smaller than the Vehicle Assembly Building itself. So how could a Saturn possibly land on it?
    And any ...[text shortened]... closer than They want you to believe, we could get there easily. What we can't do is land there.
    Once they get there they'll just expropriate it from "The Moonies" anyway.
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    14 Dec '17 20:08
    Originally posted by @shallow-blue
    You don't think the moon really is large enough for people to walk on, do you?
    Apparently the full moon is just big enough.
  5. RSA
    Moves
    14 Dec '17 20:18
    You can literally SEE the footprints on the surface with a telescope.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Dec '17 01:10
    Well, contrary to popular belief, just because I'm a Christian doesn't mean I'm an idiot.
  7. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    15 Dec '17 02:341 edit
    Well, contrary to popular belief, just because I'm a Christian doesn't mean I'm an idiot.
    LMFAO!!! you win the internet tonight!
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    15 Dec '17 08:05
    Originally posted by @ashiitaka
    Is this a joke or do you really believe this?
  9. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    15 Dec '17 08:151 edit

Originally posted by @wolfgang59

the hyperbole "literally" is a difficult one because of its own meaning.
    It should be clear by a simple estimate that the optical resolution does not allow to distinguish such small features on that distance...
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Dec '17 10:482 edits
    Originally posted by @ponderable

the hyperbole "literally" is a difficult one because of its own meaning.
    It should be clear by a simple estimate that the optical resolution does not allow to distinguish such small features on that distance...
    As soon as I find the photo again, I'll post a link.

What you CAN see is a trail of footprints on the lunar surface around a landing site on the moon going to the rover and to sites a distance away where there are science instruments set up. The trail is, of course, bigger than the individual footprints.

EDIT: Here is the page on the NASA website, showing three Apollo landing sites.

https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/LRO/news/apollo-sites.html

It turns out that these photos are from the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter from an altitude of 31 km above the lunar surface. Judging from the size of the craters, it's possible we could see similar from our best telescopes, but I'm not sure of the resolution difference.

But still, photos like these should help put to rest whether we went to the moon or not.

EDIT2: Since these photos compare the 2011 photos with earlier photos, be sure to click on the links to "Show Only the Left" to see the newest, more clear, pictures.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Dec '17 10:58
    I don’t see it would t be possible, although I’d really like to see the photo...
  12. SubscriberPianoman1online
    Nil desperandum
    Seedy piano bar
    Moves
    16 Dec '17 08:08
    https://news.sky.com/story/trump-orders-nasa-to-return-to-moon-to-lay-foundations-for-mars-trip-11167181

Sonhouse, perhaps you will get a call up.

FreakyKBH and Susianen will already be working up conspiracy theories about why we won’t go/didn’t go.
    Typo. Should read:"NASA orders Trump to return to the moon."
  13. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    16 Dec '17 09:081 edit
    I recently watched a Horison program called; Tim Peak - How to be an Astronaut.
    It was absolutely fascinating and I’m filled with admiration with for those who have contributed to the advances in space travel. Peak’s training took 6 years whereby he and his family had to live between the Russian and American space centre complexes. He said that one of the hardest parts of the training was that he had to learn to speak Russian because all of the rocket and space centre instructions are in that language.
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    16 Dec '17 09:48
    What you CAN see is a trail of footprints on the lunar surface around a landing site on the moon going to the rover and to sites a distance away where there are science instruments set up.
    I don't believe that either.

But I will be happy to be proved wrong.
  15. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    16 Dec '17 10:12
    It turns out that these photos are from the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter from an altitude of 31 km above the lunar surface.
    Oh, come on, Suzianne, surely you cannot believe that? If it were 31 km from the surface, you'd be able to see the entire moon in one shot! Don't fall for this "Giant Moon" fraud, it's just not true. You can't walk on the moon, it's too small.

That photo is clearly a fake. Probably CGI. NASA and the NSA have had realistic CGI for far longer than Hollywood, but of course they kept it hidden because it's such a great tool for deceiving the public. Don't be a sheeple! You cannot walk on the moon.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree