1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Nov '16 19:54
    When Trump started outrageously claiming that the election was rigged, he wasn't trying to warn us.

He was bragging.

This article tells us exactly what "Crosscheck" is, and how it swung the election for Trump.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/the-gops-stealth-war-against-voters-w435890
  2. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    16 Nov '16 20:23
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    When Trump started outrageously claiming that the election was rigged, he wasn't trying to warn us.

He was bragging.

This article tells us exactly what "Crosscheck" is, and how it swung the election for Trump.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/the-gops-stealth-war-against-voters-w435890
    Man, it's December already?😲😉
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Nov '16 00:08
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Man, it's December already?😲😉
    Give me a break. The election happened. It has nothing to do with that.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Nov '16 00:161 edit

He was bragging.

Have you joined any protests Suzy?

Now that you believe the system to be rigged, what should be done about it?
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Nov '16 09:01
    Originally posted by whodey

While I am an idealist in theory, I am a realist in practice. I doubt if anything can be done at this point. Too many people just want "the madness to be over".

When I sat and watched the election results, I was devastated. Two phrases kept floating around in my mind. 1) "I don't get it." and 2) "I thought we were better than this." As I watched the electoral votes roll in, I knew as well as I know my own face that the best person for the job was going to lose this election. I also knew that the number of Trump supporters were not enough to win this election for Trump. There were far, far more people who understood that "love trumps hate". So I was hurt, and shocked that, apparently, more people than just the haters, the bigots, the racists, the xenophobes and the misogynists thought that Hillary deserved to lose and, somehow, that Trump deserved to win.

I was taking a while to run through the five stages of grief involved in a loss of this magnitude, and so for several days I was still in the anger phase, looking at people in cars on the road, in the mall, at the gym, even at work, thinking "how many of you a--holes voted for that scumbag?" "How many of you lying pieces of garbage told pollsters you were going to vote for Hillary and then once you got in the voting booth, the monster came out and you finally showed your true selves?"

I knew that the polls showed that only 2-3% of blacks supported Trump so I wondered where the hell is the black vote? I knew that in my county in Arizona, hispanics came out in force to vote against Sheriff Arpaio, so where was their vote for Hillary? I started thinking that maybe people were just dumber than I thought, that they somehow swallowed all the BS Trump dished out during the campaign. I was still angry, and so I stayed home mostly, trying not to end up in a fight at Wal-Mart with some fat, stupid slob over the last diet coke six-pack.

Then finally, on Tuesday night, surfing the 'net after work, I stumbled across links to this article in Rolling Stone Magazine by Greg Palast titled "The GOP's Stealth War Against Voters". It referenced a program entitled Interstate Voter Registration Crosscheck Program, used in over two dozen states and promoted by none other than Kris Kobach. (Kris Kobach also helped draft and defend in court the disastrous Arizona SB 1070, and then after that bill was mostly struck down by the Supreme Court, he tried again, with Alabama's HB 56, which was even tougher than Arizona's bill.)

Wikipedia says this about Kris Kobach:
    "On September 2, 2015, representatives of groups most likely to be disenfranchised by Kobach's plan to shorten a deadline for tens of thousands of suspended voters to produce proof of citizenship, including the American Civil Liberties Union, the League of Women Voters, the NAACP and the National Organization for Women, all testified against Kobach's strategy. Kobach did not appear for the hearing but he was supported by an official whom Kobach had appointed to a government post. In response to criticism from the campaign staff of former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, Kobach called them "left-wing knuckleheads," and remarked that Clinton was getting her "pant suit in a twist," over his stance in favor of implementing some of the toughest voter ID legislation in the nation. Clinton had claimed Kobach's interventions were an attempt to make voting more difficult for key Democratic constituencies, such as young people and racial minorities."

So he has a record of trying to disenfranchise likely Democratic voters, and this is what Crosscheck is all about. Crosscheck has tagged approx. 7.2 million voters in 28 states. Hundreds of thousands of these voters (on average per state) have already been purged from voter rolls in these states. African-American, Latino and Asian names dominate these lists.

Now I see all the puzzle pieces, including that annoying last piece you eventually find under the dog dish. The pollsters were right all along. America IS "better than that". And it's not that Americans are so damned stupid, it's just that a significant percentage of them were stripped of their right to vote in this election. Hillary did not "lose" the election. It was stolen right out from under her, right in front of everyone watching at home. Clearly, had all these voters been allowed to vote, the predicted landslide would have occurred. Hillary would have beaten Trump by hundreds of thousands of votes per state. Votes that were not cast because those voters had been removed from the voting rolls. The 2016 "Great Election Robbery" has placed Donald Trump, possibly the least qualified person ever to run for President, into the White House.

You ask me "What should be done about this?" How does Federal investigation into Kris Kobach, the Crosscheck program and Donald Trump (including kickbacks and payments) grab you?

When do you think the hearings will start? We can start with Federal subpoenas to the state Elections Office in each of those 28 states using the Crosscheck program.

Yeah, I know. When pigs fly.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 Nov '16 11:431 edit
    Originally posted by whodey

And I supppose in your view there is nothing wrong with crosschecking, since nobody wants those pesky hispanics and asians and black voters to actually vote. But that's your MO. And the treasonist Republican party. They are committing the largest voter fraud ever right under our noses and nobody has the guts to eliminate it. Like the guy said, Hell, it's hard enough to get Hispanics to vote ONCE much less twice. This republican scam is almost as bad as religion.
    And of course with right wingers controlling the entire US government the odds will be permanently stacked against minorities. But hey, no big deal, right.
  7. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    28 Nov '16 15:23

He was bragging.

Well now it seems he finds fault with the election also 😲
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Nov '16 20:30
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    And I supppose in your view there is nothing wrong with crosschecking, since nobody wants those pesky hispanics and asians and black voters to actually vote. But that's your MO. And the treasonist Republican party. They are committing the largest voter fraud ever right under our noses and nobody has the guts to eliminate it. Like the guy said, Hell, it's ...[text shortened]... government the odds will be permanently stacked against minorities. But hey, no big deal, right.
    I would say that there is massive voter fraud in both camps.

In the end though, the best hacker wins.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Nov '16 20:54
    Its a plutocracy, it made no difference whether Trump won or some other elitist.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Nov '16 21:28
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Its a plutocracy, it made no difference whether Trump won or some other elitist.
    I'm sure that platitude goes down well at Kingdom Hall with all the other "not permitted to votes", but in the free world your comment is misplaced.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Nov '16 22:15
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I'm sure that platitude goes down well at Kingdom Hall with all the other "not permitted to votes", but in the free world your comment is misplaced.
    America was never intended to be a democracy. Alexander Hamilton wanted the President to have a lifetime tenure. Please read up on elite theory.

All communities divide themselves into the few and the many. The first are the rich and well born; the other, the mass of people…The people are turbulent and changing; they seldom judge or determine right. Give therefore to the first class a…permanent share in the government…they therefore will ever maintain good government.” - Alexander Hamilton 1780

While you were reading the Daily Mail during the election I was researching American history. Please educate yourself prior to spouting your drivel because I tell you truly its very tedious arguing against your wilful ignorance.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Nov '16 22:18
    America was never intended to be a democracy. Alexander Hamilton wanted the President to have a lifetime tenure. Please read up on elite theory.

All communities divide themselves into the few and the many. The first are the rich and well born; the other, the mass of people…The people are turbulent and changing; they seldom judge or determine right ...[text shortened]... ing your drivel because I tell you truly its very tedious arguing against your wilful ignorance.
    What has that got to do with today?

Zero.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Nov '16 22:211 edit
    What has that got to do with today?

Zero.
    You really don't know anything do you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elite_theory

Zero is your IQ.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Nov '16 22:261 edit
    You really don't know anything do you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elite_theory

Zero is your IQ.
    I know what the history is. Can you explain exactly how that, then, impacts this specific election outcome, in the way you claimed?

You just seem to be bitter about not being allowed to vote by your religious leaders.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Nov '16 22:583 edits
    I know what the history is. Can you explain exactly how that, then, impacts this specific election outcome, in the way you claimed?

You just seem to be bitter about not being allowed to vote by your religious leaders.
    In terms that you will understand? Yes, Hillary lost the election because she was an elitist and part of a political dynasty was perceived to be serving the interests of the elite. Trump also an elitist tapped into this resentment and won.

I am not bitter about anything other than having to battle against your ignorance.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree