TruthFiction or Embellished

TruthFiction or Embellished

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G

Moves
20 Jan 23

Tell us a story about you or someone else that's true false or exaggerated. Then others can Google etc and say it's real or made up.

G

Moves
20 Jan 23

My involvement in racing came about by accident. I studied physics at UNC and studied mechanics at trade school. I worked on motocross bikes where I learned about 2 cycle performance enhancements. My bikes did well in competition, which made me sought after and popular.
I also got into the tractor pulling world especially the garden tractor class. That got me into 4 cycle performance engineering.
Then a new craze, mini dragster, which fit right in. Originally they were powered by 5 hp flathead engines. Ultimately my engines developed 50+ hp. The engines had external steel plates and bolts to hold the crank cases together. My last engine broke the dyno. Google mini dragster, raptor racing engines, many of the design features were my creations.
My friend is an auto racer, both figure 8 and drag. He won rookie of the year figure 8 and Pro Steet Eliminator only because of his driving skills, he said it was my ideas.

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
20 Jan 23

@gambrel said
My last engine broke the dyno.
i like to measure things and own many tools that are designed just to measure stuff
i once drove a mini dragster to the surface of the sun to measure the temperature at the surface and ten miles beneath the surface

it's hot

G

Moves
20 Jan 23

False
Mini dragsters fly down the 1/8th mile strip and can become airborne by accident. But they don't fly up to the stratosphere at 25000 mph (the escape velocity of earth )

G

Moves
20 Jan 23

I just got a reverse 911 call saying there was Heavy police activity in the area. They further advised to shelter in place. I went outside and could hear a drone buzzing pretty much straight overhead. I had heard the Drone buzzing earlier but didn't think anything about it. I could hear police talking on a loudspeaker fairly close. I would say on L******* Drive which is the next street from where I live. They said they had a search warrant and they were advising people to come out with their hands up Etc. Then I heard what I assume would be like a flash bang grenade or a tear gas grenade. There was more speaking on the loud speaker and later I heard another grenade explosion. Then I heard what was gunfire, but I couldn't tell if it was from the police firing range or the next street. If it was on the next street the gunfire would have been on the south end of the street. I looked online for Evans police Weld County Sheriff Greeley police statements are postings to no avail.

Moves
20 Jan 23

@gambrel said
My involvement in racing came about by accident. I studied physics at UNC and studied mechanics at trade school. I worked on motocross bikes where I learned about 2 cycle performance enhancements. My bikes did well in competition, which made me sought after and popular.
I also got into the tractor pulling world especially the garden tractor class. That got me into 4 cycle ...[text shortened]... year figure 8 and Pro Steet Eliminator only because of his driving skills, he said it was my ideas.
Could be true nothing crazy there.

G

Moves
20 Jan 23

@mike69 said
Could be true nothing crazy there.
It's slightly embellished. I did most of it. I did build a few racing engines but mostly for mini drag bikes, and some garden tractor pullers. One had 3 engines, each one had to be tuned, balanced and blueprints etc identically.
The dyno breaking did happen in college, with a dirt bike.
I've never been involved in my friends racing, and yes he was rookie of the year.

F

Moves
20 Jan 23

I cooked a chicken rogan josh curry for HRH Prince Edward in 1985.

G

Moves
21 Jan 23

@fmf said
I cooked a chicken rogan josh curry for HRH Prince Edward in 1985.
False
The royal family only eats babies.

👌

Moves
21 Jan 23
1 edit

@Gambrel

Remember that Drag Racing movie where the husband and wife ended up competing in the final?

For those of you who haven't seen Drag Racing I'll explain it like this...

It's all fun and good times and you're like this... 🤗

Then they take off and the sound is so loud you're like this... 😳
Everyone gets a little scared the first time they hear it.

👌

Moves
21 Jan 23

@gambrel said
False
Native American Babies

G

Moves
21 Jan 23
1 edit

@booger said
@Gambrel

Remember that Drag Racing movie where the husband and wife ended up competing in the final?

For those of you who haven't seen Drag Racing I'll explain it like this...

It's all fun and good times and you're like this... 🤗

Then they take off and the sound is so loud you're like this... 😳
Everyone gets a little scared the first time they hear it.
Heart Like a Wheel. Loosely based on Shirley Muldowney.
Don Garlits was asked who was his biggest rival, Cha Cha

Moves
21 Jan 23

@gambrel said
It's slightly embellished. I did most of it. I did build a few racing engines but mostly for mini drag bikes, and some garden tractor pullers. One had 3 engines, each one had to be tuned, balanced and blueprints etc identically.
The dyno breaking did happen in college, with a dirt bike.
I've never been involved in my friends racing, and yes he was rookie of the year.
To be honest I cheated and sent it to my son who is also very gifted with building engines or whatever really. My one time biker, redneck, tatted brother was in, on a couple four wheeler mud racing magazines way back😁 and rock crawling in a jeep. I enjoy the art of the muscle cars 70 and down. My tied favorites were a 1970 lime green roadrunner with 6 pack and 1969 mustang Mach 1 Boss 302 it was a custom jet black with red on the hood scoop to the tip of the hood, rear panel around the taillights and out the side scoops to the tip of the front fender but had many others with some to restore only now.

F

Moves
21 Jan 23

@gambrel said
Well, I used chicken. And HRH ate it.

G

Moves
21 Jan 23

@fmf said
Well, I used chicken. And HRH ate it.
Chicken tastes like babies.