1. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    25 Jan '14 07:33
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152553144723098&set=a.431273973097.222827.750238097&type=1&theater

Here's Jenn Shahade's view. Gates' Nxe5? was horrible, he could have had a winning game with Re1!
    There is always a reason why we lose. (Lillemor)
  2. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    25 Jan '14 14:58
    Originally posted by lolof
    There is always a reason why we lose. (Lillemor)
    Would this comment fit in better in the Captain Obvious Game...? 🙂
  3. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    27 Jan '14 21:41
    Originally posted by lolof
    Just watching a programme with the Norwegian host Skavlan, where Bill Gates and Magnus Carlsen are guests. They have just finished a game of chess - Magnus had 30 secs to move and Bill had 'all the time he needed'. It was a very quick game and Bill said, smiling, he usually lasts a little longer. Magnus said he normally doesn't use cheap tricks but this time he did.
    It's funny to watch human nature take over: Bill soon adopts the manic motion of his opponent, even when the time bank is so heavily weighted in his favor.

When I used to be good/passable, I'd play the Fischer rule on the clock setting (give both opponents the same amount of time, but as one thinks and loses their time, their opponent's clock gains time and vice versa).
    I practiced the worst possible openings to about the 25th move, and often beat players much better than myself--- players who would destroy me in a normal paced game, or with regular clock settings.
    It seems they were so used to playing good chess, they didn't really know what to do with bad chess, especially ones which moved with great rapidity.
    That element of surprise made me feel sooooo superior, albeit momentarily.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree