Originally posted by Suzianne
    They say, "Wow, that Captain Strange sure has the right name."
    Rekt.
  2. RSA
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 20:27
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    BDP,

What is your favourite whiskey? Back in the day mine use to be Seagram's VO I believe it was called. I'd go through a 40 ouncer of that, then start to party....LOL... Yup one little drink was too many, and 1000 wasn't enough. I am so happy to be past all that now. 😉

-VR
    Mine is Glenmorangie 26. It's not too outrageously priced. If you are budgeted a glenfiddich 12 is decent.
  3. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 20:33
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    BDP,

What is your favourite whiskey? Back in the day mine use to be Seagram's VO I believe it was called. I'd go through a 40 ouncer of that, then start to party....LOL... Yup one little drink was too many, and 1000 wasn't enough. I am so happy to be past all that now. 😉

-VR
    I'm still figuring out which one...trying different ones.
  4. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 20:34
    Originally posted by Ashiitaka
    I have to say I also HATE it when people cut trees for Christmas. It takes the wind and rain years to make a tree and it takes a couple minutes to destroy that hard work. I also just don't get the joy in watching it die slowly. Not jolly at all, not one little bit.
    Most people I know use the fake ones ... easier to set up and rear down, less messy.
  5. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 21:45
    You people are boring. These days are the best to pick up street
    workers on the cheap, score some uncut stuff, and even dispose of the
    bodies.

Here, have a soundtrack for it...

YouTube : Xmas Joy
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 21:581 edit
    Mine is Glenmorangie 26. It's not too outrageously priced. If you are budgeted a glenfiddich 12 is decent.
    Glenfiddich is what we drink when we have nothing else left! 😛
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 22:07
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    I'm still figuring out which one...trying different ones.
    Most Island Malts are ok, my favourites are from Islay. If you can try Bunnahabhain you will not be disappointed, Bowmore is another favourte, its possibly the smoothest of all although it lacks some of the complexities of others. Talisker from Skye is superb but it takes no prisoners. Highland Park from Orkney is also to be recommended, not as peaty or smokey as the Island malts but very rich in flavour.
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 22:35
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Most people I know use the fake ones ... easier to set up and rear down, less messy.
    BDP,

I use to cut them or get them from tree lots. Now I use the fake one, and you don't have all the mess after. I got to realize killing trees is not a good thing!!!

-VR
  9. Joined
    01 Apr '05
    Moves
    23 Dec '16 03:58
    West Coast / Island malts tend to be harder to get to grips with on account of overpowering peaty/smokey flavours at times. Water helps.
    For me, a nice Speyside Malt. Yes, a 12 yo 'Fiddich is reliable and most acceptable but I'm surprised no-ones mentioned the Macallan. Lovely stuff.
  10. RSA
    Moves
    23 Dec '16 12:331 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Glenfiddich is what we drink when we have nothing else left! 😛
    Import duties are really high here though so I'm budgeted.

Better than that Johnnie walker poison that everyone seems to love here...How little they know.
  11. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    23 Dec '16 14:01
    Import duties are really high here though so I'm budgeted.

Better than that Johnnie walker poison that everyone seems to love here...How little they know.
    You seem to know a lot about expensive whiskey for a school boy.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Dec '16 14:491 edit
    In November in a Plough & Anchor pub (*in Malta, Sliema) I happened to spot an virgin unopened bottle of Aberfeldy 15 year on the selves. So I ordered that scotch.
    It was then my choice for the rest of my stay.

In a hotel bar in Amsterdam, in January, a desk man who also tended the bar was so generous with Glenfiddich - I think he poured double as single, maybe 2 and a half, and he used cognac glass, probably not good to this job, and since that experience, I kinda expect same generosity, and I keep ordering Glenfiddich in other Dutch pubs and bars, but no, I got ordinary amounts in genuine whisky glass or at least gin glasses.

I always order whisky with a cup of americana coffee< sitting in the dark corner and watching other guests, of which there are always at least on local excentric (*but not more excentric than my self!), drinking milk (!) and trying to sell some "souvenir like" rubbish to the tourists.
  13. Standard memberExecutioner Brand
    Grass Farmer
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Dec '16 14:512 edits
    She won't see this Christmas either cause she killed herself after being saved by him before he drowned. Drunk people make a lot of mistakes in life and remain oblivious to these facts.

Or maybe it was because she was kidnapped by the media spamming all the drownings taking place.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree