1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Nov '18 15:00
    Sainsbury's has become the first UK high street supermarket to stock edible insects.

Barbecue-flavour roasted crickets are being put on sale in 250 stores across the country from Sunday.

The Eat Grub's "smoky BBQ crunchy roasted crickets" are described as "crunchy in texture with a rich smoky flavour".

Packets of the insects will cost £1.50.

https://news.sky.com/story/sainsburys-launches-150-edible-insect-range-in-uk-supermarket-first-11556476
  2. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    17 Nov '18 15:28
    @divegeester said
    Sainsbury's has become the first UK high street supermarket to stock edible insects.

Barbecue-flavour roasted crickets are being put on sale in 250 stores across the country from Sunday.

The Eat Grub's "smoky BBQ crunchy roasted crickets" are described as "crunchy in texture with a rich smoky flavour".

https://news.sky.com/story/sainsburys-launches-150-edible-insect-range-in-uk-supermarket-first-11556476
    My partner's son, living in Japan, always brings back edible insect goodies along with some other "different" delicacies when he comes home. I love food.
  3. Standard memberMudfinger
    Ol' Dirty Heathen
    I'm Naked!
    Moves
    18 Nov '18 02:20
    @great-big-stees said
    My partner's son, living in Japan, always brings back edible insect goodies along with some other "different" delicacies when he comes home. I love food.
    Do you have a favorite or one that you at first thought 'no way' and it turned out to be a nice surprise?
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    18 Nov '18 03:19
    @great-big-stees said
    He gets them past Customs!?

You can't bring anything like that into NZ.
    Not even allowed muddy boots in your luggage!
  5. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    18 Nov '18 15:09
    @wolfgang59 said
    He gets them past Customs!?

You can't bring anything like that into NZ.
    Not even allowed muddy boots in your luggage!
    He has never had any issues.
  6. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    18 Nov '18 15:10
    @mudfinger said
    Do you have a favorite or one that you at first thought 'no way' and it turned out to be a nice surprise?
    There is a skewered squid thingy that looks like "hell" but tastes yummy.
  7. Subscribermoonbusonline
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    21 Nov '18 21:17
    @divegeester said

Doubtless the flavor is entirely due to the sauce; the cricket contributes only crunchiness. I’ll take BBQ crisps instead, thanks.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Nov '18 00:23
    @moonbus said
    Doubtless the flavor is entirely due to the sauce; the cricket contributes only crunchiness. I’ll take BBQ crisps instead, thanks.
    what about the protein?
  9. Subscribermoonbusonline
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    22 Nov '18 09:34
    @karoly-aczel said
    what about the protein?
    Crisps with guacamole.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Nov '18 16:59
    @divegeester said

Quorn is a Bacteria, and they tried in many countries to pass it of as a fungi, many countries banned its sale until they changed the false advertisement, now it is a billion dollar product so bring on the Bugs.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree