1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    25 May '13 11:54
    Originally posted by divegeester

People stop posting for a variety of reasons. Most who make a drama about it do it for only one.
    "Only possibilities I've been able to think of are loss of interest in chess; personality conflicts; and terminal illness"; banned from the site and death. What other relevant reasons are you aware of that Russ or the rest of us should know? No need to be timid or to tease without purpose or provocative without a predicate. Please speak up. Thanks for the thread. (gb)
  2. Wat?
    Moves
    25 May '13 13:411 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]"Word Association Psychology"

"It is believed by some that this game can reveal something of a person's subconscious mind (as it shows what things they associate together), however some are skeptical of how effective such a technique could be in psychology. However, more often than not, most of the fun of the game comes from observing the e These Studies Definitely Support Andy's Own Conclusions. (gb)
    Altruism, by your post I respond to, summons my questioning of the motivational processes for your post relative to psychology; which, by the way, is largely inaccurate to the most degree; and demonstrates your pro-social behaviour as a defence mechanism against your own aggressive nature.

Semi-somnambulism is demonstrating itself in your apparent continued state of believing you are awake: 'the automated approach' - if I may simplify, dictated in your continued apparent automatisms which are primarily indicated in your sub-concious self...... indicative, and independent of, your 'automated writing'.

-m.
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    25 May '13 14:52
    Originally posted by mikelom

Altruism, by your post I respond to, summons my questioning of the motivational processes for your post relative to psychology; which, by the way, is largely inaccurate to the most degree; and demonstrates your pro-social behaviour as a defence mechanism against your own aggressive nature.

Semi-somnambulism is demonstrating itself in your apparent conti ...[text shortened]... our sub-concious self...... indicative, and independent of, your 'automated writing'.

-m.
    Hey, Mike, where in the world have you been hiding or hanging out? Seems your familiar signature: "-m." has been missing for several weeks. The selfless concern expressed in this diagnostic comment suggests you're alive and well an still in love with RHP. Sleepwalking's certainly an interesting condition. Could only wish it had been mine, instead of paralysis. (gb)

Note: "your post relative to psychology; which, by the way, is largely inaccurate to the most degree;" Please continue.
  4. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    25 May '13 16:451 edit
    People stop posting for a variety of reasons. Most who make a drama about it do it for only one.
    rhp 'forums' where ever they are described on the net, are desribed as full off trolls, and thats the polite bit. you have proved it well 🙂
  5. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    25 May '13 20:411 edit
    don't take that too harsh, its something of an art on here!
  6. Wat?
    Moves
    26 May '13 02:40
    Hey, Mike, where in the world have you been hiding or hanging out? Seems your familiar signature: "-m." has been missing for several weeks. The selfless concern expressed in this diagnostic comment suggests you're alive and well an still in love with RHP. Sleepwalking's certainly an interesting condition. Could only wish it had been mine, instead of par ...[text shortened]... psychology; which, by the way, is largely inaccurate to the most degree;" Please continue.
    There isn't normally much to write home about.

-m. 😉
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    26 May '13 03:00
    Originally posted by mikelom
    There isn't normally much to write home about.

-m. 😉
    ... there's always chat that people care about.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 May '13 07:25
    "Only possibilities I've been able to think of are loss of interest in chess; personality conflicts; and terminal illness"; banned from the site and death.
    I don't think there is a strong correlation between an interest in chess and activity in the forums otherwise the forums would be a lot busier. I know a few of the people you mentioned and they are definitely not dead.

"only possibilities I can think of..."

You are forgetting boredom, over-familiarity, player database changes and the subsequent associated erosion of 'friends', co-posters clans and cliques over time.
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    26 May '13 08:05

I don't think there is a strong correlation between an interest in chess and activity in the forums otherwise the forums would be a lot busier. I know a few of the people you mentioned and they are definitely not dead.

"only possibilities I can think of..."

You are forgetting boredom, over-familiarity, player database changes and the subsequent associated erosion of 'friends', co-posters clans and cliques over time.
    "People stop posting for a variety of reasons. Most who make a drama about it do it for only one." (page one)

I'm glad they're well. Please clarify the "only one" reason noted on page one. Thanks.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 May '13 08:191 edit
    Originally posted by e4chris
    rhp 'forums' where ever they are described on the net, are desribed as full off trolls, and thats the polite bit. you have proved it well 🙂
    You think I'm a troll? 😕

Edit: is this you being passive aggressive again?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 May '13 08:22
    Please clarify the "only one" reason noted on page one. Thanks.
    😉
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    26 May '13 08:27
    😉
    Thank you.
  13. Standard memberSunburnt
    🙏🏻
    Some other realm
    Moves
    28 May '13 00:21
    wut
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    28 May '13 00:39
    Originally posted by Sunburnt

wut
    That's 'Wut' I'm wondering, Sb.
  15. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    28 May '13 02:59
    Unemployment is an enviable situation only when you're in a warm climate with good friends, good health and plenty of spare cash.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree