Unemployment

Unemployment

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
28 May 13

Originally posted by Kewpie

Unemployment is an enviable situation only when you're in a warm climate with good friends, good health and plenty of spare cash.
"So your sat at home thinking up more pointless crappy word assosiation threads to polute the RHP forums with. What else do you lot do when you finally manage to slinky yourself off of the hospital bed you've had especially moved into your front room?" (OP)

Kewpie, there must be a connection between Divegeester's OP and your attractive suggestion.

Please help Sunburnt and myself read between his seemingly inscrutable lines. Thanks. (gb)

Australia

Moves
28 May 13

I think he was just having a gripe about chain threads (the WAGs), don't think there was anything more to it than that.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
28 May 13

Originally posted by Kewpie

I think he was just having a gripe about chain threads (the WAGs), don't think there was anything more to it than that.
MACBETH:

"She should have died hereafter;
There would have been a time for such a word.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day
To the last syllable of recorded time,
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!

Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing."

Enter a Messenger:
"Thou comest to use thy tongue; thy story quickly."

Note: So it would, therefore, appear that Sir William Shakespeare and Divegeester and Yourself are of the same mind.
Sunburnt and I shall make haste to renew an "Annual Subscription to The 2013 General Forum LOL Theatre Season".

Audience: "We humbly thank and bid thee and thine a most pleasant evening and adieu."

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
28 May 13

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby

Note: So it would, therefore, appear that Sir William Shakespeare and Divegeester and Yourself are of the same mind.
Sunburnt and I shall make haste to renew an "Annual Subscription to The 2013 General Forum LOL Theatre Season".

Audience: "We humbly thank and bid thee and thine a most pleasant evening and adieu."[/b]
"Thine forward voice, now, is to speak well of thine friend; thine backward voice is to utter foul speeches and to detract."

The Tempest.

-m. 😉

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
28 May 13

Originally posted by mikelom

"Thine forward voice, now, is to speak well of thine friend; thine backward voice is to utter foul speeches and to detract."

The Tempest.

-m. 😉
Well spoken and timely, indeedily, Sir -m. Sunburnt and I and others with "Annual Subscriptions to The General Forum LOL Theatre" shall look forward to the considerable stage presence of Sir -m (aka, mikelom) during the 2013 Season. -b.

Read a book!

Moves
28 May 13

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
So it would, therefore, appear that Sir William Shakespeare and Divegeester and Yourself are of the same mind.
Wrong again, Bobby. Shakespeare was never knighted.

Back in his day, actors and playwrights were unsavory characters on the lowest rung of the social ladder.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
28 May 13
2 edits

Originally posted by HandyAndy

Wrong again, Bobby. Shakespeare was never knighted.

Back in his day, actors and playwrights were unsavory characters on the lowest rung of the social ladder.
"Shakespeare was only a playwright. They were barely respectable in the 16th century, and nobody would have dreamt of knighting one. Drake and Raleigh were knighted for perfoming heroic deeds of exploration and discovery. That was the kind of thing men got knighted for in those days, not writing plays." (answers.yahoo.com)

Yes, My Dear Andy. Neither is Red Hot Pawn, circa The Year of Our Lord 2013, the 16th Century in Stratford Upon Avon when Sir Drake and Sir Raleigh were receiving all of the Thumbs Up for Heroic Deeds and Posts from Their Peers. (scribe)