General Forum

General Forum

  1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52780
    11 Dec '13 16:05
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-25316147

    First country in the world to do so.
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    10323
    11 Dec '13 18:30
    This is why I love S. America.
  3. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    526294
    03 Jan '14 12:06
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-25316147

    First country in the world to do so.
    Colorado (and thus the USA) does so too now.

    http://edition.cnn.com/2014/01/02/opinion/way-denver-marijuana/index.html?hpt=us_c2
  4. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Joined
    19 Apr '10
    Moves
    55013
    04 Jan '14 00:55
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    Colorado (and thus the USA) does so too now.

    http://edition.cnn.com/2014/01/02/opinion/way-denver-marijuana/index.html?hpt=us_c2
    Let me be the first to say, 'bout time. 😛
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35774
    05 Jan '14 15:411 edit
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    Colorado (and thus the USA) does so too now.

    http://edition.cnn.com/2014/01/02/opinion/way-denver-marijuana/index.html?hpt=us_c2
    No, not "and thus the USA".

    Federal law still classifies pot as a Schedule I controlled substance according to the Controlled Substances Act. But most Feds (including the White House) say they won't try to override states' laws on this.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52780
    11 Jan '14 23:04
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    No, not "and thus the USA".

    Federal law still classifies pot as a Schedule I controlled substance according to the Controlled Substances Act. But most Feds (including the White House) say they won't try to override states' laws on this.
    Yes, there was legalization of pot in Alaska years ago and some stupid vote seeking politician made it a platform to delegalize pot and won and they did.

    However, the state cops at least refused to go into the woods where there were heavily armed people who value freedom over everything else and so I think in the Alaska hills it is defacto legal.
Back to Top