Using engines

Using engines

General

I

Helsinki, Finland

Moves
13 Feb 08

Well, jonestly yo everybody that I always use my own brain to play chess to everyone on here. I know about the word of ´Engine´. Please somebody tell me and explain to me about ´engine´. And how to use engine? I am just curious about this please. Thank you in advance!

Charles

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
13 Feb 08

Originally posted by Indosmart
Well, jonestly yo everybody that I always use my own brain to play chess to everyone on here. I know about the word of ´Engine´. Please somebody tell me and explain to me about ´engine´. And how to use engine? I am just curious about this please. Thank you in advance!

Charles
You attach it to a powertrain, put petrol or diesel in it, and away you go! πŸ˜‰

Moves
13 Feb 08

Charles
An engine is just a computer program that plays chess. You can play games against them or use them to analyse positions.

I

Helsinki, Finland

Moves
13 Feb 08

Originally posted by David Tebb
An engine is just a computer program that plays chess. You can play games against them or use them to analyse positions.
Do you know the website of engines please? I wanna see and check! Thanks.

Moves
13 Feb 08
1 edit

There are loads of sites in which you can download free engines. Just type 'free chess engine' into the Google search box.

You also need to download a graphical user interface (GUI) such as Arena or Winboard and follow the instructions to install the engine. Also if you wanted to play games against the engine, you would need to download an opening book and install that.

It's not as complicated as it sounds, but could be a bit daunting if you don't know much about computers.

The easiest option is to buy a commercial chess program from a shop! The software will just install in a few minutes in the same way as any other software. A few mouse clicks and you're done!

eo

the highway to hell

Moves
13 Feb 08

Originally posted by mikelom
You attach it to a powertrain, put petrol or diesel in it, and away you go! πŸ˜‰
on tv last night they announced the new compressed air powered car which is going to revolutionise transport, it literally runs on air.
seemed really good, but i worried about the thing they failed to mention, - what runs the compressor which tops up the car?

Moves
13 Feb 08

Keep in mind that you are supposedly not allowed to use them at this site.

A
Mr. Smart trousers

No it's not!!

Moves
13 Feb 08

Your interest is very suspicious. I'm going to report you and have all your games investigated!

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
13 Feb 08

Originally posted by Bad wolf
No wonder I'm crap. πŸ˜›

Moves
13 Feb 08

Originally posted by mikelom
No wonder I'm crap. πŸ˜›
Practice man. πŸ™‚

I

Helsinki, Finland

Moves
13 Feb 08

Originally posted by Afeliz
Your interest is very suspicious. I'm going to report you and have all your games investigated!
Dear Afeliz, Why should I use engines? I am not going to fool my brain to use engines for on here. Well, I will appreciate the hard work of the administrator anyway to will to check all my games as I have never used it at all and I don't even have it on my Laptop. Why should people use engines while they have got brain to think? You can see all my games, full of blunders! πŸ™‚

I

Helsinki, Finland

Moves
13 Feb 08

Yes sir! I always remember that!

I

Helsinki, Finland

Moves
13 Feb 08

Practice man. πŸ™‚
completely correct! πŸ™‚

I

Helsinki, Finland

Moves
13 Feb 08

Originally posted by David Tebb
There are loads of sites in which you can download free engines. Just type 'free chess engine' into the Google search box.

You also need to download a graphical user interface (GUI) such as Arena or Winboard and follow the instructions to install the engine. Also if you wanted to play games against the engine, you would need to download an opening boo ...[text shortened]... in a few minutes in the same way as any other software. A few mouse clicks and you're done!
Thank you for your time to give the respond. It is helpful!

l

chupacabra palace

Moves
13 Feb 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Afeliz
this threating to tell stuff is not funny and all

and if its not a joke then its not cool at all😠

and if that guy is using an engine thats not cool either😠.....if anybody's useing an engine thats not cool😠😠😠

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.