Dark ideology.

Uh-huh.
    Epic Whoosh.
  2. Joined
    16 Aug '15
    Moves
    11 Mar '23 01:23
    @fmf said
    Said to be the most good-natured, friendly, and chilled-out creatures in the animal kingdom: it's time we talked about them.
    And delicious when prepared right.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Mar '23 02:491 edit
    @gambrel said
    And delicious when prepared right.
    I am a carnivore but I do NOT eat good-natured animals. The dogs and horses I have eaten in the past did not have pleasant personalities.
  4. Joined
    16 Aug '15
    Moves
    11 Mar '23 03:53
    I was a butcher. If someone wanted to eat something, headshoyt, throat cut, hang by the hind leg, dress it out break it down and cut it up. Pleasant personality or not.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Mar '23 03:58
    @gambrel said
    I was a butcher. If someone wanted to eat something, headshoyt, throat cut, hang by the hind leg, dress it out break it down and cut it up. Pleasant personality or not.
    I maybe a carnivore but you are giving me too much information.
  6. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    11 Mar '23 06:28
    @a-unique-nickname said
    Why?

Aren't rats, hamsters the like all rodents by definition?
    Yeah, and people accept those as pets.
    But, take rats. You say 'rat' and its a negative term for someone who betrays. But my friend had a pet rat. Sweet pet it was.
    I think rodent brings up a negative feeling.
  7. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    11 Mar '23 06:31
    @fmf said
    Maybe it's right that you know what happened to the life that was before the meal you're having.
    Personally I don't eat animals. I don't see any difference between eating a good natured animal or one who was grumpy. They were, that's the point.
    I'm glad you recognise animals have personalities, I think that's the first step to realising they are real beings. Which is before realising they have a right to be protected from slaughter for food for other beings.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Mar '23 06:37
    @yo-its-me said
    Maybe it's right that you know what happened to the life that was before the meal you're having.
    Personally I don't eat animals. I don't see any difference between eating a good natured animal or one who was grumpy. They were, that's the point.
    I'm glad you recognise animals have personalities, I think that's the first step to realising they are real beings. Which is before realising they have a right to be protected from slaughter for food for other beings.
    I fear being turned into a vegetarian by the pressure of moral considerations.
  9. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    11 Mar '23 07:10
    @fmf said
    I fear being turned into a vegetarian by the pressure of moral considerations.
    Embrace it ✨️
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Mar '23 07:261 edit
    @yo-its-me said
    Embrace it ✨️
    The way my moral compass is set up, vegetarianism - though admirable and persuasively argued for - is not a priority [or even something I aspire to]. For what it's worth, I eat only a little fish and chicken in any given week, and, instead eat a lot of tempeh and tahu and loads of vegetables. That works for me but it's not driven by moral considerations.
  11. Joined
    16 Aug '15
    Moves
    11 Mar '23 08:17
    @fmf said
    One guy decided to eat his critter alive when he saw what I charged.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree