Weddings

Weddings

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
14 May 18

Do you still buy gifts that the bride and groom have registered for? Or do you think this concept is outdated and is just a money grab by the happy couple?

I know a couple that put all expensive things on their registry and ended up getting most of them....they then took the items back, exchanged them for cheaper ones and pocketed the cash difference.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
15 May 18

Marriage is still a thing? People move slow I guess.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
15 May 18

I knew of a couple who wanted cash donated to rebuild a garden wall.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
15 May 18

Originally posted by @uzless
Do you still buy gifts that the bride and groom have registered for? Or do you think this concept is outdated and is just a money grab by the happy couple?

I know a couple that put all expensive things on their registry and ended up getting most of them....they then took the items back, exchanged them for cheaper ones and pocketed the cash difference.
If a couple wants or Need cash, they should say so.
To bring back things expressively on a wish list to make cash is despicable for me.

Moves
15 May 18

I find the idea of a wedding gift list itself to be somewhat brassy and indecorous.

IP

Moves
15 May 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
I find the idea of a wedding gift list itself to be somewhat brassy and indecorous.
I agree, there's no soul to it. As for downgrading the stuff and keeping the money, that just about takes the electric toaster....

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
15 May 18

Originally posted by @indonesia-phil
I agree, there's no soul to it. As for downgrading the stuff and keeping the money, that just about takes the electric toaster....
If you ever give me an electric toaster sir as a wedding gift, I'll cash it in and downgrade to a windup toaster.

Gothenburg

Moves
15 May 18
1 edit

I have never married, and I haven't yet been able to catch up in kitchenware and stuff.

Moves
15 May 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @torunn
I have never married, and I haven't yet been able to catch up in kitchenware and stuff.
Hard to believe you're still single: You're gorgeous!

I say...I would have married you...if for no other reason than lack of a rolling pin in your kitchen.😉

Gothenburg

Moves
15 May 18

Originally posted by @wolfe63
Hard to believe you're still single: You're gorgeous!

I say...I would have married you...if for no other reason than lack of a rolling pin in your kitchen.😉
🙂 Thank you. I might have married you too, if I had been the marrying kind.

IP

Moves
15 May 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
If you ever give me an electric toaster sir as a wedding gift, I'll cash it in and downgrade to a windup toaster.
I would never be so predictable. In fact I'd be more likely to buy you one of those long, extendable fork things like we used to have (we were poor in those days, we used to dream of electric toasters...) so you could toast by an open fire. These are much more versatile, and can be used for, for example, poking people that you don't like very much from a distance.

IP

Moves
15 May 18

My beloved and I met when she was 16 and I was (just) 17, and we've been together faithfully and unfailingly ever since, which, although a man should never reveal his age, is quite a long time....We never married, we sort of forgot or never got around to it. Anyway, you should never marry your lover. So no wedding list, we had to buy our own electric toaster, but I feel no bitterness....

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
16 May 18

Originally posted by @indonesia-phil
My beloved and I met when she was 16 and I was (just) 17, and we've been together faithfully and unfailingly ever since, which, although a man should never reveal his age, is quite a long time....We never married, we sort of forgot or never got around to it. Anyway, you should never marry your lover. So no wedding list, we had to buy our own electric toaster, but I feel no bitterness....
My wife and I fell in love when I was 17 and she 15 and we married some 28 years ago... it is great to be married to someone you love.
Since we did start into married life quiet young we were happy to get what we got never thinking of "making cash"

Gothenburg

Moves
16 May 18

Some of my friends have been lucky to meet their life companions relatively early in life - it wasn't always their first marriage but when they met, they knew right away they had met the right one. Two of my friends are still married to the men they met in school. The glue that keeps these couples together, apart from love itself, is trust, family and humour.

Gothenburg

Moves
16 May 18

Finally...

"Love isn't finding someone you can live with,
it's finding someone you can't live without."