1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Jun '23 07:36
    Sunshine is forecast here and I’m off to a big family gathering with lawn games and kadai barbecue.

What will you be doing?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Jun '23 08:25
    @divegeester said
    Sunshine is forecast here and I’m off to a big family gathering with lawn games and kadai barbecue.

What will you be doing?
    I will be translating an article for an academic journal, making a couple of radio programmes, listening to what remains of the Test match at Lords, catching up on a few podcasts that I have neglected this last week, and preparing a lecture I have to give at Universitas Islam Indonesia on Friday. I have also promised to cook a curry - most likely later today but maybe tomorrow.
  3. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    03 Jun '23 08:41
    I'll be writing Chapter 4 of Part XVI of the 'Ordinary People' series, attempting to control Connie and Roxy, two 11 week old puppies we kept after Ruby (Tuesday) gave birth, and generally trying to survive a heatwave which currently prevails over North Sulawesi.
  4. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    03 Jun '23 12:41
    I am going to Bulgaria tomorrow with a pal. Will be lying by the pool getting squiffy.
  5. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    03 Jun '23 12:50
    Praying for rain, though not until after my round of golf tomorrow. Chances for rain, something we haven’t seen for a while here, is not looking very promising but having said that it’s meant that the lawns haven’t need cutting. Clouds/silver linings.👍
  6. Gothenburg
    Moves
    03 Jun '23 12:58
    We celebrate Gothenburg 400 years, with the royal family visiting this weekend, and the the national day 6th June - lots of festivities 4-6th.
  7. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    03 Jun '23 13:02
    @torunn said
    We celebrate Gothenburg 400 years, with the royal family visiting this weekend, and the the national day 6th June - lots of festivities 4-6th.
    Is the weather conducive to outdoor activities?🤞
  8. Gothenburg
    Moves
    03 Jun '23 13:30
    @great-big-stees said
    Is the weather conducive to outdoor activities?🤞
    Very nice weather, suitable for the occasion.
    My grandson who lives in Sundsvall pays us one of his very rare visits - combined business and family - also something to celebrate. 🙂
  9. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    03 Jun '23 14:05
    gonna rebuild a briggs carburetor, sharpen the mower blades, cut the immortal rye grass, smoke a few polish sausages, write a poetry infused novel, solve world hunger, and trim my toenails
    the dogs may get a bath, but that sounds like work
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    03 Jun '23 18:47
    @great-big-stees said
    Praying for rain, though not until after my round of golf tomorrow. Chances for rain, something we haven’t seen for a while here, is not looking very promising but having said that it’s meant that the lawns haven’t need cutting. Clouds/silver linings.👍
    We got some rain over night GBS, so your prayers worked we need more too I think last count we had 4 wild fires out of control. 151 Families have lost their homes close to where I live and another 50 plus down the Southern Tip of Nova Scotia. Prayers go out to everyone for their lost they spent a lifetime building.

-VR
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Jun '23 23:38
    @fmf said
    I will be translating an article for an academic journal, making a couple of radio programmes, listening to what remains of the Test match at Lords, catching up on a few podcasts that I have neglected this last week, and preparing a lecture I have to give at Universitas Islam Indonesia on Friday. I have also promised to cook a curry - most likely later today but maybe tomorrow.
    I'll be joining the Yakuza later today.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jun '23 00:19
    @suzianne said
    I'll be joining the Yakuza later today.
    Don't be a silly billy. Non-Japanese can't join the Yakuza, unless you're an ethnic Korean joining one of their affiliates.
  13. Joined
    16 Aug '15
    Moves
    04 Jun '23 01:13
    My wife's making kraut burgers. I think it's the same thing as bierocks.
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    04 Jun '23 01:57
    @gambrel said
    My wife's making kraut burgers. I think it's the same thing as bierocks.
    LOL...IF you haven't told her yet, I'd hold off on that one.

-VR
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jun '23 03:29
    @the-gravedigger said
    I am going to Bulgaria tomorrow with a pal. Will be lying by the pool getting squiffy.
    I do hope you're not going to do an Andew Tate while you are there.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree