General Forum

General Forum

1. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Oct '16 17:33
    I saw again Arsene Wenger open a water bottle and take one slurp and put the bottle away. It was probably the bottle provided by organizers.
    The same goes for bottles on rock gigs, when singers or musicians take only couple of slurps...

So, what happens with that water?
    Who drinks it or when do they pour it out?

Does it happen like with uneaten food - that it goes to the homeless or the rich organizers' dogs?
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Oct '16 23:05
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    I saw again Arsene Wenger open a water bottle and take one slurp and put the bottle away. It was probably the bottle provided by organizers.
    The same goes for bottles on rock gigs, when singers or musicians take only couple of slurps...

Does it happen like with uneaten food - that it goes to the homeless or the rich organizers' dogs?
    I know, we'll start a campaign to save all those water bottles that people have only drank half of, to send them all over to your house. Would you like that?
  3. Subscriberlemondrop
    pawn grabber
    Moves
    03 Oct '16 01:51
    Originally posted by vandervelde

it goes to all those naked people in cheap hotels
  4. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    03 Oct '16 01:572 edits
    Originally posted by vandervelde...
    Does it happen like with uneaten food - that it goes to the homeless or the rich organizers' dogs?[/b]
    Used water bottles are thrown away.

Lots of water bottles are left unopened, and those may get scavenged.

I'm a scavenger.
  5. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Moves
    03 Oct '16 02:03
    When you rinse something under a tap, what happens to that water then?
  6. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Moves
    03 Oct '16 02:10
    The water returns to the water cycle. I don't think there's much of an issue with water being wasted on that scale (except at certain crucial times and in certain troubled locations). The issues with water are whether there is enough of it long term for the expanding human population and whether we can afford to make enough it drinkable fast enough. There's no more or less water on earth now than there was 100 years ago, 1,000 years ago, 10,000 years ago. 100,000 years ago etc., although there may have been differing amounts of it 'stored' as ice at different times down through history.
  7. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    05 Oct '16 10:33
    Originally posted by FMF
    There's no more or less water on earth now than there was 100 years ago, 1,000 years ago, 10,000 years ago. 100,000 years ago etc., although there may have been differing amounts of it 'stored' as ice at different times down through history.
    Wrong. http://sciencenordic.com/earth-has-lost-quarter-its-water
  8. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Moves
    05 Oct '16 10:54
    Originally posted by Kegge
    Wrong. http://sciencenordic.com/earth-has-lost-quarter-its-water
    Oh alright then.