What is on your bookshelf?

What is on your bookshelf?

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PDI

Moves
04 Aug 14

Compared to a general-purpose public library, what genres is your shelf (or electronic equivalent to a shelf) disproportionately heavy on?

Mine is biased way toward nonfiction. And within nonfiction, I am heavy on:

science
mathematics
space exploration
music biz biographies

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
04 Aug 14

dust
😞

l

Moves
04 Aug 14

fiction, biographies, history

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
04 Aug 14

r
Suzzie says Badger

is Racist Bastard

Moves
04 Aug 14

Originally posted by Paul Dirac II
Compared to a general-purpose public library, what genres is your shelf (or electronic equivalent to a shelf) disproportionately heavy on?

Mine is biased way toward nonfiction. And within nonfiction, I am heavy on:

science
mathematics
space exploration
music biz biographies
books?

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
04 Aug 14

Endless tech books, most of which I buy but never read. A waste of good trees.

Turns around, looks at shelf .... "Windows Vista Sidebar" - just why did I buy that one?

F

Moves
04 Aug 14

Reader's Digest Driver's Atlas Of The British Isles (1988 edition) bought recently in a bargain basket in an Indonesian supermarket!

Moab Is My Washpot - (autobiography) Stephen Fry (1997)

Pennine Way Companion - A Pictorial Guide - Alan Wainwright (1968)

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
04 Aug 14

Originally posted by Russ
Endless tech books, most of which I buy but never read. A waste of good trees.

Turns around, looks at shelf .... "Windows Vista Sidebar" - just why did I buy that one?
You read these threads?
Stop slacking and go improve the site! 😉

Moves
04 Aug 14

I can never find time to call a decent carpenter to make nice shelves for me. My books lie on the floor, that is on the carpets, it's a colossal mess, it reminds me on scenes I can see on Crime Reality channel, American cop would probably think he'd discovered a serial killer, and those books are the books I get from Scandinavian publishers in order to translate them, altså er det tale om skønlitteratur, so its belles letres, mostly novels, short stories, some non-fiction., some poetry in Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, and a small portion In Icelandic and Faroese. And myriad of disctionaries, English-Danish, Danish-English, Swedish-Danish, Norewgian Bokmål-English, Nynorsk dialects, Pronunciation books, etc.

I really have to get shelves mounted sometime.

Infidel

Moves
04 Aug 14

Quite a few books from CemeteryDance.com. Very nice books. I love good looking books. I hate the Kindle-generation.

“But it’s so easy to be able to take 18.000 books with you when you go on vacation!”

Yada Yada Yada! Gimme a bookshaped tree anyday.

Read a book!

Moves
04 Aug 14

History, biography, recreational math.

Moves
04 Aug 14

You name it, I've got/tried it.

r
Suzzie says Badger

is Racist Bastard

Moves
04 Aug 14

Originally posted by Great Big Stees
You name it, I've got/tried it.
Catch 22

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
05 Aug 14

l

Moves
05 Aug 14
3 edits

Now and then I remove a few books that I don't need anymore and that would give space for new ones. The books I will give/throw away are those that for some reason I haven't read. There are some good books here that I have read and that will stay but if somebody wants them, they can keep them. And there are some that will stay forever to give me the chance to read them again... and again.