1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    07 Sep '17 20:581 edit
    Originally posted by @torunn
    That person may not feel the need to control others.

I appreciate our response here.
    That Canadian Prime Minister seems so nice ...

edit: I cant spell his last name ... that might be a problem
  2. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    08 Sep '17 10:491 edit
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    That Canadian Prime Minister seems so nice ...

edit: I cant spell his last name ... that might be a problem
    Even the nicest politician is still a politician. He may be less bad than most, but that doesn't make him good.

(Though the worst kind are politicians who claim not to be "like other politicians", like Trump, or the Libertarians, or our own Geertje Clownspruik. They're right, but not the way they claim: they're invariably more politicaĺly dirty than the "normal" politicians they decry.)

His name's Justin Trudeau, by the way. Son of Pierre, not Kevin.
  3. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    08 Sep '17 14:16
    Originally posted by @shallow-blue
    Even the nicest politician is still a politician. He may be less bad than most, but that doesn't make him good.

(Though the worst kind are politicians who claim not to be "like other politicians", like Trump, or the Libertarians, or our own Geertje Clownspruik. They're right, but not the way they claim: they're invariably more politica ...[text shortened]... al" politicians they decry.)

Did you know that his dad's initials (P.E.T) is a French (Joual) word for "fart"?
  4. Gothenburg
    Moves
    08 Sep '17 14:22
    Originally posted by @great-big-stees
    Did you know that his dad's initials (P.E.T) is a French (Joual) word for "fart"?
    Women don't speak about those things...
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    08 Sep '17 14:24
    Loved Justins father, He was the first to say the "f" word in parliament called "fuddle duddle" for years, also the first P.M. to give someone the bird (middle finger pointing upwards. 😉 I believe he was in power for about 20 years!!!

jou·al
    ZHo͞oˈäl/Submit
    noun
    a nonstandard form of popular Canadian French, influenced by English vocabulary and grammar.

-VR
  6. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    08 Sep '17 14:32
    Women don't speak about those things...
    I know, they have more "ladylike" words, like "puffle". 😲😉
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 Sep '17 23:321 edit

(Though the worst kind are politicians who claim not to be "like other politicians", like Trump, or the Libertarians, or our own Geertje Clownspruik. They're right, but not the way they claim: they're invariably more politica ...[text shortened]... al" politicians they decry.)

Thats why I said "seems" . Also why I didn't look up his name.

Despite the limiting political process He and Angela Merkel seem alright.
    I'll be looking to see if these two can leave any legacies without any real contaversies
  8. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    10 Sep '17 17:58
    I know, they have more "ladylike" words, like "puffle". 😲😉
    Women don't fart because they don't ever close the other end long enough to build up the pressure.
  9. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    10 Sep '17 18:01
    Thats why I said "seems" . Also why I didn't look up his name.

Despite the limiting political process He and Angela Merkel seem alright.
    I'll be looking to see if these two can leave any legacies without any real contaversies
    Oh, both have already caused controversies.

I haven't followed Trudeau much except to register a decided note of scepticism, but living in the country next door, I have seen a thing or two of Angela, and 'll say this for her: with all the vile words spewed about her from the Anglosphere and their neo-Fascist companions in Europe such as Wilders and Le Pen, she must be doing something right.
  10. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    10 Sep '17 20:04
    ... whose only ambition seems to be control and power? Why can't they see the world as ordinary people do - a beautiful place where we are privileged to live for a short while to experience the drama and beauty on this earth? Not only do they destroy the lives of others, they ruin their own lives too and generations to come, their own included. What has gone so seriously wrong with these people?
    forget beauty , power, & control. Just give me the MONEY !!
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Sep '17 22:441 edit

I haven't followed Trudeau much except to register a decided note of scepticism, but living in the country next door, I have seen a thing or two of Angela, and 'll say this for her: with all the vile words spewed about her from the Anglosphere and their neo-Fascist companions in Europe such as Wilders and Le Pen, she must be doing something right.
    She can drink a beer. That's something.

edit: Merkel that is
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Sep '17 22:481 edit

Yeah like compared to my old country, Hungary.

They have the most awful government in the EU, imo 🙁

edit: then again Turkey is in the EU
  13. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    11 Sep '17 02:19
    ... whose only ambition seems to be control and power? Why can't they see the world as ordinary people do - a beautiful place where we are privileged to live for a short while to experience the drama and beauty on this earth? Not only do they destroy the lives of others, they ruin their own lives too and generations to come, their own included. What has gone so seriously wrong with these people?
    I am an American..give me my big piece of the pie and let everyone else scramble for the crumbs !!!
  14. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    11 Sep '17 09:52
    edit: then again Turkey is in the EU
    Erm... no, it isn't. And it doesn't look like it's going to be. Nor, IMO, should it.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    11 Sep '17 12:35
    Erm... no, it isn't. And it doesn't look like it's going to be. Nor, IMO, should it.
    Ahhh ... thnx for that.

My bad

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree