Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    30 Jul '15 19:59
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    When they take the time to say they care... *sniff*
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (OP)
    "What will you personally miss the most...?"

What will you personally miss the most when the 'inexorable grind' of the clock prevents you from accessing your chess games, the public and private clubs and clan forums or replying to personal messages from your friends on Red Hot Pawn? I for one will miss conversation with my trusted global friends when that day inevitably comes as it has already for my dear departed friends: @Mathurine: “Last moved 1437 days 1 hour and 8 minutes ago.”; @Kings-and-Pawns: “Last moved 1169 days 19 hours and 32 minutes ago.”; @DanTriola: “Last moved 609 days 2 hours and 44 minutes ago.”; and most recently @mikelom: “Last moved 95 days 8 hours and 6 minutes ago.”.

BigDoggProblem, "What will you personally miss the most...?"
  2. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    31 Jul '15 00:34
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (OP)
    [b]"What will you personally miss the most...?"

What will you personally miss the most when the 'inexorable grind' of the clock prevents you from accessing your chess games, the public and private clubs and clan forums or replying to personal messages from your friends on Red Hot Pawn? I for ...[text shortened]... ago.”.

BigDoggProblem, "What will you personally miss the most...?"[/b]
    My mind. 😛
  3. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    31 Jul '15 00:48
    My mind. 😛
    When the end comes, Bobby will be more than happy to count the days, hours and minutes since your last move.
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    31 Jul '15 02:19
    @hopscotch: "Last moved 577 days 13 hours and 49 minutes ago."
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    31 Jul '15 02:24
    My mind. 😛
    Good answer. At the last moment will you decide to take it with you, kiss it goodbye or say, "Good Riddance"?

lol
  6. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    31 Jul '15 13:19
    Good answer. At the last moment will you decide to take it with you, kiss it goodbye or say, "Good Riddance"?

lol
    If I truly think my mind is going for good, I think I'll toast RHP with a full pint glass of Adrenaline. (Plus, just think, being able to spill liquid all over the monitor without worrying about how it's going to be cleaned up!)
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    02 Aug '15 03:26
    If I truly think my mind is going for good, I think I'll toast RHP with a full pint glass of Adrenaline. (Plus, just think, being able to spill liquid all over the monitor without worrying about how it's going to be cleaned up!)
    Suum cuique...
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    02 Aug '15 03:27
    @bostonbaked: "Last moved 2246 days 11 hours and 39 minutes ago"
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 Aug '15 12:251 edit
    "About @heinzkat: Rating 2003 Last moved 2010 days 18 hours and 42 minutes ago."
    Thanks again for offering to be my mentor for seven memorable games.
  10. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    06 Aug '15 04:25
    So. I've been back here for a week after several years away. It's clear that RHP no longer has the most active chess and chess-related forums, although its also clear that they have some of the same posters chanting the same mantra they were chanting when I left.
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    06 Aug '15 05:12
    @George-Washington: "Rating (1389). Last moved 744 days and 12 minutes ago."
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    06 Aug '15 05:15
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    So. I've been back here for a week after several years away. It's clear that RHP no longer has the most active chess and chess-related forums, although its also clear that they have some of the same posters chanting the same mantra they were chanting when I left.
    "It's clear that RHP no longer has the most active chess and chess-related forums..."

Any insights on the underlying reasons for this unfortunate change?
  13. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    06 Aug '15 13:22
    Off you go, then.

(Thank you England, for that one.)
  14. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    06 Aug '15 13:51
    "It's clear that RHP no longer has the most active chess and chess-related forums..."

Any insights on the underlying reasons for this unfortunate change?
    I think that active forums require a critical mass of users and that the emergence of a new site in 2007 had drawn enough players away by 2009 that this other site became the most active.

However, some topics are able to be discussed openly here that are forbidden at that other site. RHP has its strengths.
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    07 Aug '15 12:50
    I think that active forums require a critical mass of users and that the emergence of a new site in 2007 had drawn enough players away by 2009 that this other site became the most active.

However, some topics are able to be discussed openly here that are forbidden at that other site. RHP has its strengths.
    A few years ago, someone assessed the deteriorating situation on this forum as "NIDs" (New Idea Deficit Syndrome).
    Thanks for your insightful reply.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree