1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    28 Jul '15 01:36
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    How so? I remember the debates about a separate spirituality forum. That removed much of the nonsense from the general forum almost ten years ago.
    "vistesd: February 6, 2012" Thread 145019 (Page 2)
  2. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    28 Jul '15 18:261 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "vistesd: February 6, 2012" Thread 145019 (Page 2)
    That whole thread is interesting reading. Sometimes the nonsense is entertaining. Mostly, it sucks away the day, hindering useful activity.

The site where I now spend more time keeps politics and religion mostly out of the forums. There are exceptions.

Somehow, one forum was left alone long enough that I fell into a science vs. religion argument in one of the threads about two years ago. Eventually, the forum got locked, but not before I'd accepted a challenge to play a turn-based game against the chief religious protagonist in the the quarrel.

I made one minor move order error in the opening, and never had a chance in the game. My opponent, whose rating was 400+ below mine (USCF), made no errors. Rather, he made made than 30 moves that matched Stockfish's top choice. Six months after the game ended, he was gone from the site.
  3. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    28 Jul '15 19:41
    That whole thread is interesting reading. Sometimes the nonsense is entertaining. Mostly, it sucks away the day, hindering useful activity.

The site where I now spend more time keeps politics and religion mostly out of the forums. There are exceptions.

Somehow, one forum was left alone long enough that I fell into a science vs. religion argument in one ...[text shortened]... that matched Stockfish's top choice. Six months after the game ended, he was gone from the site.
    I guess no one ever told him about the Lake of Fire. 😲
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    28 Jul '15 21:34
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    I guess no one ever told him about the Lake of Fire. 😲
    You've obviously been told by your parents, trusted friends or pastor/teacher.
  5. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    29 Jul '15 01:49
    You've obviously been told by your parents, trusted friends or pastor/teacher.
    My parents never lied to me, and friends who lie aren't to be trusted.

Why do you spend so much time and effort defending a cruel hoax?
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    29 Jul '15 02:371 edit
    @pawnhandler: Rating (1001)
    "Last moved 1731 days 21 hours and 23 minutes ago"

@Nordlys: Rating (1686)
    "Last moved 567 days 21 hours and 9 minutes ago"

@SwissGambit: Rating (1840)
    "Last moved 327 days 23 hours and 37 minutes ago"

@Raven69: Rating (1838)
    "Last moved 1465 days 21 hours and 50 minutes ago"
    "It is really incredible how meaningless and void of significance when looked at from without, how dull and unenlightened by intellect when felt from within, is the course of the life of the great majority of men." - Arthur Schopenhauer http://theoneandonlyanastasiak.blogspot.com/

For differing reasons, I personally miss these four people as well; one helped me with the avatar feature by email and phone....
  7. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    29 Jul '15 03:01
    @pawnhandler: Rating (1001)
    "Last moved 1731 days 21 hours and 23 minutes ago"

@Nordlys: Rating (1686)
    "Last moved 567 days 21 hours and 9 minutes ago"

@SwissGambit: Rating (1840)
    "Last moved 327 days 23 hours and 37 minutes ago"

@Raven69: Rating (1838)
    "Last moved 1465 days 21 hours and 50 minutes ago"
    "It is really incredible how meanin ...[text shortened]... lly miss these four people as well; one helped me with the avatar feature by email and phone....
    I think that I played Nordlys in a game or two.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    29 Jul '15 03:32
    I think that I played Nordlys in a game or two.
    With your present rating of "1846" and her all time five year highest rating of "1783" they must have been interesting games.
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    29 Jul '15 03:46
    My parents never lied to me, and friends who lie aren't to be trusted.

Why do you spend so much time and effort defending a cruel hoax?
    "General: General discussion. If it's off-topic, or you're not sure where to put it, put it here."

"Spirituality: Debate and general discussion of the supernatural, religion, and the life after."

May I suggest that you consider beginning your own on topic thread which addresses your concerns in the Spirituality Forum?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Jul '15 05:24
    How so? I remember the debates about a separate spirituality forum. That removed much of the nonsense from the general forum almost ten years ago.
    The date I referring to was when redbadger joined.
  11. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    29 Jul '15 07:51
    Originally posted by divegeester
    The date I referring to was when redbadger joined.
    thorn in your side spud?
  12. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    29 Jul '15 13:18
    With your present rating of "1846" and her all time five year highest rating of "1783" they must have been interesting games.
    I checked my history. My memory was faulty unless I was thinking of forum games.
  13. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    29 Jul '15 15:41
    "General: General discussion. If it's off-topic, or you're not sure where to put it, put it here."

"Spirituality: Debate and general discussion of the supernatural, religion, and the life after."

May I suggest that you consider beginning your own on topic thread which addresses your concerns in the Spirituality Forum?
    Thanks for weighing in, Bobby. I know that The Lake of Fire is near and dear to your heart and I feel compelled to ask: Why do you spend so much time and effort promoting and defending such a cruel hoax? Is it a power trip? If I posed these questions in the Spirituality Forum, all I'd ever get in response would be a torrent of Bible verses and copy/paste philosophy.
  14. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    29 Jul '15 16:46
    Thanks for weighing in, Bobby. I know that The Lake of Fire is near and dear to your heart and I feel compelled to ask: Why do you spend so much time and effort promoting and defending such a cruel hoax? Is it a power trip? If I posed these questions in the Spirituality Forum, all I'd ever get in response would be a torrent of Bible verses and copy/paste philosophy.
    How can we enjoy life, if we are terrified of dying?
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    29 Jul '15 17:10
    Originally posted by lolof
    How can we enjoy life, if we are terrified of dying?
    Well said, lolof...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree