General Forum

General Forum

1. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    14 May '16 16:21
    Picture this:

You have done a lot of different business stuff in your life: from strategizing to HHRR and payroll, from contract admin to finance, from logistics to project management, from tax to regulatory, from PR and communications to marketing, and everything in-between, including IT and sales, a.k.a. the scum of the earth.

Now, picture this:

You have a job lined up but it requires to do one single thing from all the things you've done before, and it is precisely the one (a) you like the least, and (b) you suck at, compared to the others, that is. Yes, you can do it, and with practice you will become decently competent in a few weeks or months.

Finally, picture this:

You must work. Bills to pay, mouths to feed, all that jazz. Moreover, there is nothing out there at the moment and it is very unlikely that there will be something in the near future which floats your boat.

What would you do?
  2. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    14 May '16 16:38
    Originally posted by Seitse
    [b]Picture this:

You have done a lot of different business stuff in your life: from strategizing to HHRR and payroll, from contract admin to finance, from logistics to project management, from tax to regulatory, from PR and communications to marketing, and everything in-between, including IT and sales, a.k.a. the scum of the earth.

Now, picture t ...[text shortened]... there will be something in the near future which floats your boat.

[b]What would you do?
    [/b]
    I don't know how helpful my advice would be since I'm often accused of unbridled optimism, but if it were me, I'd cash in my 401(k), empty my savings, sell any outstanding shares of stock, pull out of the 529's and spend all of it on the design of my new Altoid flavor: Fop Sweat & Old Shoes.
  3. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Moves
    14 May '16 17:27
    What would you do?
    Take the job lined up and wait for a better day.
  4. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    14 May '16 18:09
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    I don't know how helpful my advice would be since I'm often accused of unbridled optimism, but if it were me, I'd cash in my 401(k), empty my savings, sell any outstanding shares of stock, pull out of the 529's and spend all of it on the design of my new Altoid flavor: Fop Sweat & Old Shoes.
    I'd favor the advice by @HandyAndy but, to be honest, being the first to
    achieve Fop Sweat & Old Shoes is very, very seducing. Oh, my, just
    picture the glory. THE GLORY!
  5. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    14 May '16 19:52
    Find out what you don't like doing and don't do that thing.
  6. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    14 May '16 20:40
    Originally posted by Captain Strange
    Find out what you don't like doing and don't do that thing.
    I don't like responding to Captain Strange.

It makes me tingle in my bathing suit parts.
  7. Standard memberyo its me
    watch the acid...
    dosen't get you!!
    Moves
    15 May '16 15:02
    [b]Picture this:

Now, picture t ...[text shortened]... there will be something in the near future which floats your boat.

[b]What would you do?
    [/b]
    I would make the choice that's motivated by love not fear.
    You love your family, they need their provider to provide.
    Hope that helps.
  8. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    16 May '16 00:52
    Originally posted by yo its me
    I would make the choice that's motivated by love not fear.
    You love your family, they need their provider to provide.
    Hope that helps.
    I agree with both you and "The Handyone"., because the glass is always half full.
  9. Standard memberyo its me
    watch the acid...
    dosen't get you!!
    Moves
    16 May '16 17:33
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    I agree with both you and "The Handyone"., because the glass is always half full.
    Yeah, I think so too.
    Positive thinkers are the dooers in this world hey :-)