1. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    20 Sep '13 00:42
    Don't ye know it be Talk Like a Pirate day?
    Arrr shiver me timbers.
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    20 Sep '13 03:02
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis

Don't ye know it be Talk Like a Pirate day?
    Arrr shiver me timbers.
    Put yer backs into it, Lads. 'Whether you're a scurvy dog, a landlubber or an old salt,
    today, September 19, is universally celebrated as Talk Like A Pirate Day' on RHP.
  3. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    20 Sep '13 03:35
    Cap'n! We comin' up alongside a long diagonal reef... where does we go from here?
  4. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    20 Sep '13 04:13
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    Cap'n! We comin' up alongside a long diagonal reef... where does we go from here?
    Hard a port, lower the mainsail, man the mizzenmast. Arrrrg
  5. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    20 Sep '13 12:06
    Hard a port, lower the mainsail, man the mizzenmast. Arrrrg
    Unfortunately the day passed on as did the whole crew of the pirate ship Arghhh 2 as when trying to navigate through the slight opening in the reef the helmsman turned, not to port but starboard (he was new and hadn't yet got it right) and the ship sank with lose of all on board. A sad day indeed. On hearing the news realtives of the crew set up, what was to be an annual golf tourney to raise funds to build Arghh 3. We'll keep you informed as to it's progress.
  6. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    20 Sep '13 12:15
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Unfortunately the day passed on as did the whole crew of the pirate ship Arghhh 2 as when trying to navigate through the slight opening in the reef the helmsman turned, not to port but starboard (he was new and hadn't yet got it right) and the ship sank with lose of all on board. A sad day indeed. On hearing the news realtives of the crew set up, wha ...[text shortened]... al golf tourney to raise funds to build Arghh 3. We'll keep you informed as to it's progress.
    When a pirate ship has been lost - as in this particular sad case - the tradition is to steal someone else's ship.
  7. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    20 Sep '13 13:18
    Originally posted by lolof
    When a pirate ship has been lost - as in this particular sad case - the tradition is to steal someone else's ship.
    You, of course are correct, but this incident happened just as new traditions were being discussed by of a group (P.R.I.D.E./Pirate Raiders Into Decent Ethics) of pirates bent on improving their image.
  8. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    20 Sep '13 16:31
    You, of course are correct, but this incident happened just as new traditions were being discussed by of a group (P.R.I.D.E./Pirate Raiders Into Decent Ethics) of pirates bent on improving their image.
    A huge step forward - 'piracy' meaning giving instead of taking. They will no doubt set an example for all of us. Assuming they will maintain their new standards of morality and not going back to their earlier behaviour, what do you think will be their next step? Arrrrg
  9. Joined
    12 Jun '13
    Moves
    20 Sep '13 16:54
    Yarrr, give me yer musket lest I shank yer fancy eye patch.
  10. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    20 Sep '13 18:48
    Originally posted by SMesq
    Yarrr, give me yer musket lest I shank yer fancy eye patch.
    OK, OK no need for any kind of shanking. Here, take my musk et ma perfume aussi.
  11. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    20 Sep '13 18:58
    Aye, we're good pirates. 😕
  12. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    20 Sep '13 19:21
    Aye, we're good pirates. 😕
    Exactly. As a matter of fact on our last assault againgst a British Man-O-War when we finally boarded and took over their ship our Captain, Short Ben Golden, decided that, what with our new image, he'd only make the officers walk the plank at which time the enlisted men on the Man-O-War gave us the Hip, Hip, Hurray chant.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree