1. rural North Dakota
    Moves
    25 Nov '12 03:30
    Originally posted by sumydid
    You have eaten Thanksgiving at restaurants for 37 straight years??? OMG you are coming to my house next Thanksgiving! That is horrible!!!

Ah, minced meat pies. Nothing more disgusting have I ever tasted, with the possible exception of fruitcake. I know, those are very traditional. But that's why I make pumpkin pies without the ginger and cloves. Tho ...[text shortened]... ta to back me up. 🙂

Sign o' the times? Good bye to all-spice and cloves? I hope so!!!
    Thanks for the invitation! Would love to taste some of your pie. There were a few occasions during those years where we drove to relatives' homes....his and mine. But it was mostly driving and not much time spent with them. I did get to be with my kids one glorious Thanksgiving. Flew to Washington state, and my daughter and her new hubby flew from New Jersey to join us. Son and other daughter live in Washington. Had no grandkids then. It was 1989. (I baked the pies) 😀
  2. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    25 Nov '12 04:59
    Originally posted by ale1552
    Thanks for the invitation! Would love to taste some of your pie. There were a few occasions during those years where we drove to relatives' homes....his and mine. But it was mostly driving and not much time spent with them. I did get to be with my kids one glorious Thanksgiving. Flew to Washington state, and my daughter and her new hubby flew from New J ...[text shortened]... ther daughter live in Washington. Had no grandkids then. It was 1989. (I baked the pies) 😀
    Hmm.. well, it looks like it hasn't been 37 straight years in restaurants then. Offer is off the table, due to your blatant dishonesty.

😉
  3. rural North Dakota
    Moves
    25 Nov '12 20:12
    Originally posted by sumydid
    Hmm.. well, it looks like it hasn't been 37 straight years in restaurants then. Offer is off the table, due to your blatant dishonesty.

😉
    I still have not had a Thanksgiving with the entire family for 37 years, so it was not entirely a false statement. I am talking about my sisters, you see. Well, I hope to find out what is on a few more minds today. Good news from my old friend Trev. I would love to hear from more old buddies.
  4. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    26 Nov '12 21:10
    I still have not had a Thanksgiving with the entire family for 37 years, so it was not entirely a false statement. I am talking about my sisters, you see. Well, I hope to find out what is on a few more minds today. Good news from my old friend Trev. I would love to hear from more old buddies.
    Well I'm "oldish" and can be a buddy. What's on my mind just now is trying to decide if I buy a Christmas tree or just go out and cut one down.😛
  5. rural North Dakota
    Moves
    27 Nov '12 03:32
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Well I'm "oldish" and can be a buddy. What's on my mind just now is trying to decide if I buy a Christmas tree or just go out and cut one down.😛
    When my kids were little, we cut Christmas trees on our property in the Puget Sound area. Some years prior to that...before we started our family... we had cleared land to build a home. My husband topped the tall fir trees he'd fallen and gave them to our relatives for Christmas trees. They were beautiful. The past two years, it has been even too much trouble to set up an artificial tree that has served us well for many years. Today is mr. ale's birthday. He is 93. Just happy to still be together.
  6. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    27 Nov '12 12:56
    When my kids were little, we cut Christmas trees on our property in the Puget Sound area. Some years prior to that...before we started our family... we had cleared land to build a home. My husband topped the tall fir trees he'd fallen and gave them to our relatives for Christmas trees. They were beautiful. The past two years, it has been even too much trou ...[text shortened]... ell for many years. Today is mr. ale's birthday. He is 93. Just happy to still be together.
    My best to Mr. Ale and may he have many more. My dad's 96.
  7. rural North Dakota
    Moves
    27 Nov '12 18:30
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    My best to Mr. Ale and may he have many more. My dad's 96.
    That is amazing. Is your mom still with us? Thanks for the greetings for hubby.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree