General Forum

General Forum

  1. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    19 Sep '16 22:37
    Checked rotten tomatoes and it scored poorly. Then watched it
    and, oh boy, it is a pretty decent delivery *within* the X-Men saga.
    Action aside, which is plenty and good, the themes it touches
    make for a well built, developed and climaxed plot.

    Any takers on why it was bashed compared to Days of Future
    Past?
  2. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    20 Sep '16 10:353 edits
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Checked rotten tomatoes and it scored poorly. Then watched it
    and, oh boy, it is a pretty decent delivery *within* the X-Men saga.
    Action aside, which is plenty and good, the themes it touches
    make for a well built, developed and climaxed plot.

    Any takers on why it was bashed compared to Days of Future
    Past?
    Cannot say dude, the last X-men I viewed was X-Men: Evolution which was animated and truly phenomenal. Japanese animation is just that. I liked the characters in it too, Rouge was a Gothic chick and Toad was amazing. It was much better and cleaner than the previous X-men animated series, like the difference between analogue and digital. It probably gets a bad rating because of purists and snobbery, they didn't like X-men: Evolution either but I thought it was way better than anything released previously or since.
  3. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    20 Sep '16 11:58
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Cannot say dude, the last X-men I viewed was X-Men: Evolution which was animated and truly phenomenal. Japanese animation is just that. I liked the characters in it too, Rouge was a Gothic chick and Toad was amazing. It was much better and cleaner than the previous X-men animated series, like the difference between analogue and digital. It probab ...[text shortened]... en: Evolution either but I thought it was way better than anything released previously or since.
    Haven't watched it but if you recommend I'll give it a try.
  4. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    20 Sep '16 13:563 edits
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Haven't watched it but if you recommend I'll give it a try.
    yes I do, if you like animation you will love it. It takes a while to get into though. The first is really the X men discovering and coming to terms with their powers and the idea that they are mutants, from season two onwards they are fully cognizant and it gets good. 😀

    YouTube
Back to Top