1. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    10 Nov '15 05:02
    Seriously, what exactly is wrong with it?
  2. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    10 Nov '15 05:14
    Originally posted by Seitse
    alcoholism is fine. no reason to fret over lethally damaging your liver and dying demented and psychotic and in physical agony. . .of course that is only after a few years. there's lots of life before that. certainly alcholism implicitly includes fairly extensive episodes of alcoholic intoxication, which, inevitably alters judgment. shall we ignore the alcholics who murder people on the highways in the 10s of thousands each year? sure, let's do that. forget that, let's go straight to employment. it has to be elegant to sit on a street corner with a hand scrawled sign that says "anything will help". oh, sorry, still being judgmentall. no, let's be free from judgment. let's focus instead on what is sensible and good about alcoholism. surrendering to a chemical to gain pleasure. that's the thing for sure. there's nothing at all wrong with that. the great pleasure derived from the alcohol is long lasting and doesn't have any emotional and behavioral downsides, that's for sure. nope, it's all good. have another drink, then another, then another. why not? there's nothing wrong with it. have another. no one gets mean after that fourth drink. no one has an accident or behaves badly. in fact, we become more beautiful. we fall in love. . .you know . . for the evening and into the night. the next day? who cares? have another drinks. the heck wth labels.
  3. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    10 Nov '15 05:17
    It's a waste of a life. Though, in your case, it may have been a waste anyway. 😉
  4. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    10 Nov '15 06:19
    Originally posted by coquette
    alcoholism is fine. no reason to fret over lethally damaging your liver and dying demented and psychotic and in physical agony. . .of course that is only after a few years. there's lots of life before that. certainly alcholism implicitly includes fairly extensive episodes of alcoholic intoxication, which, inevitably alters judgment. shall we ignore the alc ...[text shortened]... e evening and into the night. the next day? who cares? have another drinks. the heck wth labels.
    Not to mention the families it destroys, The abuse both physically and emotionally that is endured by partners and children of alcoholics, bills not paid, children not fed, the lives of others around you destroyed.

Tell me Sietse.....what's right with it. For 99.9% of people it would be a major problem. In your case though I'll make an allowance. Go right ahead and enjoy being one. I'm sure there's no one around you to care or that you could cause pain to. Besides, don't Muslims preach that alcohol is prohibited.

So Sietse, he next ones on me. Enjoy!
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Nov '15 06:23
    "Alcoholism is a devastating, potentially fatal disease. The primary symptom of having it is telling everyone--including yourself--that you are not an alcoholic." (Herbert L. Gravitz & Julie D. Bowden, Recovery: A Guide for Adult Children of Alcoholics)
  6. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    10 Nov '15 07:07

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    10 Nov '15 07:57
    If you worked in a profession that showed daily the devastating affect of alcohol, you would not ask such a question. The fact you have asked demonstrates clearly that you have no idea what you're talking about. (Which is generally the case, unless talking about suppositories or lard).
  8. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    10 Nov '15 14:07
    My definition of an alcoholic is any I don't like who drinks more than I do.

I am a workaholic. As soon as someone mentions work I need a drink.
  9. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    10 Nov '15 14:18
    far too expensive???
  10. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    10 Nov '15 14:58
    Originally posted by radioactive69
    Not to mention the families it destroys, The abuse both physically and emotionally that is endured by partners and children of alcoholics, bills not paid, children not fed, the lives of others around you destroyed.
    oh no, was daddy mean to you? :'(
  11. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    10 Nov '15 15:07
    oh no, was daddy mean to you? :'(
    I work in a hospital. I see the effects of alcoholism on a daily basis.

No man, I had a wonderful dad. Did you know yours or had he already skedaddled before you were born ? Just a question based on things I've seen you write on here
  12. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    10 Nov '15 21:021 edit

No man, I had a wonderful dad. Did you know yours or had he already skedaddled before you were born ? Just a question based on things I've seen you write on here
    I am fascinated that you work in a hospital, really interesting.

Any chance of a shag ?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Nov '15 21:221 edit

thank you for supporting the NHS with your employment there.
  14. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    10 Nov '15 21:32

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

15. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    10 Nov '15 21:53
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    doing their masters what?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree