1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    17 Nov '15 01:12
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    We have dealt with fetal alcohol syndrome for decades. We adopted a set of twins from Columbia and they are not right 26 years later, can't read more than 3rd grade, have trouble counting change, have trouble with time. Got through HS with intense intervention. They cannot find employment because of these deficiencies caused by the alcohol and other drugs. ...[text shortened]... fted. A sad case.
    Of course you figure YOUR kids are immune from such effects,

Guess again.
    Good on you Sonhouse.
    I've taught many years at Special Needs Schools and had my share of FAS kids.
    Although we now foster I couldn't cope with a SEN child full time.

Kudos.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 Nov '15 15:10
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Good on you Sonhouse.
    I've taught many years at Special Needs Schools and had my share of FAS kids.
    Although we now foster I couldn't cope with a SEN child full time.

Kudos.
    Thank you. It has been a generational trip but the psychologists who first analysed the twins as infants said they would never be more than vegetables and would probably be separated and institutionalized.

We said, 'We don't think so'.....
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    17 Nov '15 16:34
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Thank you. It has been a generational trip but the psychologists who first analysed the twins as infants said they would never be more than vegetables and would probably be separated and institutionalized.

We said, 'We don't think so'.....
    Imagine what "the twins" lives would have been without the two of you.......
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Nov '15 13:14
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Imagine what "the twins" lives would have been without the two of you.......
    That's what we were imagining when the psych people made those statements.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree