the pie shop
    Moves
    19 Feb '21 12:461 edit
    @lemondrop said
    bones
    I've been fortunate I think
    only two
    rib and wrist
    little toe( door frame)/ left foot (roll of lino)/left hand (mallet)/left leg(football) got run over whilst orchard raiding I was 13 the guy took me home nothing broken but I got 2 weeks off school.
  3. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    19 Feb '21 13:29
    @very-rusty said
    How many have you had cut off g-b-s?

-VR
    Hang on. Let me count what I have left.

Hmmm, appears none. So why was I sweating? 🤔
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    19 Feb '21 13:53
    @great-big-stees said
    Hang on. Let me count what I have left.

Hmmm, appears none. So why was I sweating? 🤔
    Too much heat in the kitchen maybe! 😉

-VR
  5. Gothenburg
    Moves
    19 Feb '21 14:15
    @badradger said
    little toe( door frame)/ left foot (roll of lino)/left hand (mallet)/left leg(football) got run over whilst orchard raiding I was 13 the guy took me home nothing broken but I got 2 weeks off school.
    What a relief for the teacher!
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    19 Feb '21 14:25
    @torunn said
    What a relief for the teacher!
    What a relief for badge, could have been worse! 😉

-VR
  7. Subscriberlemondrop
    pawn grabber
    out and about
    Moves
    19 Feb '21 14:42
    @very-rusty said
    What a relief for badge, could have been worse! 😉

-VR
    how so?
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    19 Feb '21 15:07
    @lemondrop said
    how so?
    DUH........He could have broke something, or worse.

-VR
  9. Standard memberbadradger
    Dandy Highwayman
    the pie shop
    Moves
    21 Feb '21 09:58
    @lemondrop said
    how so?
    It could have been a Tank
  10. Joined
    07 Aug '12
    Moves
    21 Feb '21 11:491 edit
    @torunn said
    Drew, that's a touching story.
    There was a case here many years ago about a young boy, without a driver license, who had taken his mother's car for a drive without permission into an area with low speed limit (which he didn't obey), and hit a small child who without anybody noticing had passed through the garden fence into the local street. The child was badly injured. The dr ...[text shortened]... r was charged and punished for driving the car without a license and not respecting the speed limit.
    Years ago I glanced into my front garden to see my neighbour’s 2 year old little boy standing between 2 parked cars, gazing out at the stream of cars that were rushing by. My blood ran cold as I rushed out to get him. My neighbour had been chatting to his accountant, not realising that his son had awoken from a doze and had wandered out. Strangely enough my neighbours at my earlier house had lost a 2 year old in a similar way.
  11. Joined
    13 Feb '21
    Moves
    21 Feb '21 12:08
    @drewnogal

When I was 18 and at a small house party I looked out the back window and watched a 3 year old walk into the pool.
    I went out and he was submerged. I pulled him out and explained to everyone what happened but they were too drunk and high to take it seriously.
    The next day I told the mother what happened and she said "oh he's fine" in a tone of irritation.
  12. Joined
    07 Aug '12
    Moves
    21 Feb '21 12:24
    @phil-a-dork said
    @drewnogal

When I was 18 and at a small house party I looked out the back window and watched a 3 year old walk into the pool.
    I went out and he was submerged. I pulled him out and explained to everyone what happened but they were too drunk and high to take it seriously.
    The next day I told the mother what happened and she said "oh he's fine" in a tone of irritation.
    Incredible that she thought so lightly of it! These days more parents are aware of the risks and homes are safer places. We all messed about with electricity at home, changing plugs as kids or extending wires with sellotape. My mum once pulled a live wire from my brother’s hand, he was paralysed and foaming at the mouth! Another brother asked my mum why the clothes iron was making such a funny noise? He’d placed it in a bath of water while it was switched on. Amazing that the 6 of us are all still alive, aged 76 - 63! 😀
  13. Joined
    13 Feb '21
    Moves
    21 Feb '21 12:58
    @drewnogal

LoL true.
    When I was a kid parents just wanted you out of the house at any age. Just get out and play.
    The kid in the pool was way back when people didn't focus on safety like they do now.
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 Feb '21 17:301 edit
    @phil-a-dork said
    @drewnogal

LoL true.
    When I was a kid parents just wanted you out of the house at any age. Just get out and play.
    The kid in the pool was way back when people didn't focus on safety like they do now.
    Ahhhhh the good old days!!!! 😉

I recall us swimming in a harbor with no supervision of course we were between 14-17 years old.

-VR