who broke the most......Balloons?

-VR
  3. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    18 Feb '21 22:38
    @relentless-red said
    Got run over as a kid and just got up and walked away.

There was snow and ice so just got spun out of the way. I think they decided to squeeze past us rather than wait. Hit my leg and spun me on the other foot 180°. They just drove off before I got up!
    That is terrible! How could someone do that to a child?

Similar thing happened to me at 7! Felt like I was flying through the air though luckily the car wasn’t going too fast. The driver and a lady living near the spot wanted to take me to hospital for an X-ray but I said no as I’d heard that they took your clothes off when they x-rayed you so they drove me home.
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    18 Feb '21 22:49
    @drewnogal said

Similar thing happened to me at 7! Felt like I was flying through the air though luckily the car wasn’t going too fast. The driver and a lady living near the spot wanted to take me to hospital for an X-ray but I said no as I’d heard that they took your clothes off when they x-rayed you so they drove me home.
    My best guess would be a drunk driver or someone who didn't want to have to talk to Police for what ever reason. Some people are cold and don't care about anyone but themselves.

The good part of this story is you are both here to talk about it!

-VR
  5. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    18 Feb '21 23:19
    @drewnogal said

You must be a powerful character if you could change their mind at age 7! 😁

(It's weird but it didn't feel like a big deal at the time, when I was spun by the car. It's strange what kids do or don't see as important.)
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    19 Feb '21 03:14
    2 fingers confirmed another very likely broken but didn't get an xray. Small bone in my foot confirmed with another couple very possible but again no x-ray.

Worse were the torn knee ligaments at 12 though, with a close second something behind my ribs torn after coming off a bicycle in Peru, wasn't wearing a helmet and could have went the other way down the mountain so was very lucky in the end, just couldn't laugh or sneeze for a month without being in pain.

Currently nursing a snapped tendon from early October that's taking forever to heal.

I probably should just live in bubble wrap.
  7. Gothenburg
    Moves
    19 Feb '21 06:591 edit
    @drewnogal said

Drew, that's a touching story.
    There was a case here many years ago about a young boy, without a driver license, who had taken his mother's car for a drive without permission into an area with low speed limit (which he didn't obey), and hit a small child who without anybody noticing had passed through the garden fence into the local street. The child was badly injured. The driver wasn't held responsible for the accident as it was considered the parents' responsibility to answer for the safety of the child. The driver was charged and punished for driving the car without a license and not respecting the speed limit.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Feb '21 07:19
    I broke my duck playing cricket for England about 65 years ago, I couldn't breath, walk or see for year, but somehow I still managed to win a national chess championship.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Feb '21 08:09
    When I was in the Yakuza in Japan, I broke into a sweat the first time they chopped one of my fingers off.
  10. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    19 Feb '21 11:32
    @fmf said
    When I was in the Yakuza in Japan, I broke into a sweat the first time they chopped one of my fingers off.
    You used to have fingers?! 😲
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    19 Feb '21 11:371 edit
    @trev33 said
    2 fingers confirmed another very likely broken but didn't get an xray. Small bone in my foot confirmed with another couple very possible but again no x-ray.

Worse were the torn knee ligaments at 12 though, with a close second something behind my ribs torn after coming off a bicycle in Peru, wasn't wearing a helmet and could have went the other way down the mountain so was ...[text shortened]... don from early October that's taking forever to heal.

I probably should just live in bubble wrap.
    Perhaps wear a helmet and some foot ball gear may help. 🙂

-VR
  12. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    19 Feb '21 12:14
    @fmf said
    Just one? WIMP.
  13. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    19 Feb '21 12:23
    @great-big-stees said
    Just one? WIMP.
    How would you break into two sweats?
  14. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    19 Feb '21 12:26
    @relentless-red said
    How would you break into two sweats?
    One finger...then another a short time later? 🤔
  15. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    19 Feb '21 12:28
    @great-big-stees said
    One finger...then another a short time later? 🤔
    Maybe just the one followed by a sauna, or just go to the sauna and then get presented the bill for your Spa visit.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree