1. Joined
    30 Sep '12
    Moves
    14 Jul '13 22:19
    November of this year will mark the 50th anniversary of the assassination of John F. Kennedy. I am curious as to what people think about this event.

Here are five possibilities. Which one do you consider most likely?

1) Oswald acted alone.
    2) Oswald was part of a conspiracy to kill the president, but only Oswald actually shot at the president.
    3) Oswald was part of a conspiracy to kill the president, but the actual shooting was done by some one or more people and Oswald did not fire a weapon.
    4) Oswald was part of a conspiracy and he plus at least one other person fired weapons.
    5) Oswald had no involvement in carrying out the assassination.

If you have time, tell what you think the key evidence is to support your contention.

The five options could be split further. For instance, if you go with number 5, do you think the conspirators planted false evidence that pointed to Oswald in order to incriminate him? Or was it just bad luck that he was thought by law enforcement to be the one?

Optional bonus questions:
    a) Did Oswald take a bag of curtain rods to work that day?
    b) Did Oswald shoot patrolman Tippit?
    c) Why did Oswald not stay at the depository to work the post-lunch part of his shift?
    d) Why was he in a movie theatre that afternoon?
    e) If you go with 1, 2, 3, or 4 above, where do you think Oswald intended to go to keep from being arrested as the days and weeks went by?
  2. Standard memberWestside Mobster
    The King of Detroit
    The Jungle
    Moves
    14 Jul '13 23:47
    There are no destructive acts brought upon government without the involvement of government its self.
  3. Subscriberptobler
    Patzer
    Canberra
    Moves
    15 Jul '13 00:27
    Most likely Oswald acted alone? My guess
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Jul '13 05:441 edit
    Originally posted by Paul Dirac II
    November of this year will mark the 50th anniversary of the assassination of John F. Kennedy. I am curious as to what people think about this event.

1) Oswald acted alone.
    2) Oswald was part of a conspiracy to kill the president, but only Oswald actually shot at the president.
    ...[text shortened]... re do you think Oswald intended to go to keep from being arrested as the days and weeks went by?
    The problem with a conspiracy is it uses the word 'conspiracy' which immediately makes people think that any ideas involving a conspiracy are either exhausted, strange or slightly embarrassing, especially after Hollywood has been involved. Nevertheless I think Oswald was set up, but it is so long ago now that the truth will never come out.
  5. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    15 Jul '13 05:48
    Originally posted by Paul Dirac II

1) Oswald acted alone.
    ...[text shortened]... re do you think Oswald intended to go to keep from being arrested as the days and weeks went by?
    "If you have time, tell what you think the key evidence is to support your contention."

I have no contention. It is a done deal.
  6. Joined
    17 Jun '06
    Moves
    15 Jul '13 09:06
    Mick Jagger.
  7. Joined
    30 Sep '12
    Moves
    15 Jul '13 11:41
    So far we have:

* 2-5 (not specified which)
    * 5a (false evidence planted in a set-up)
    * nolo contendere
    * Mick Jagger on the grassy knoll
  8. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    15 Jul '13 15:14
    Originally posted by carpenoctem
    Mick Jagger.
    More like he wanted a "shot" at Jackie.
  9. Standard memberwoodypusher
    misanthrope
    seclusion
    Moves
    15 Jul '13 15:48
    I think Oswald was paid, either by the mob or some secret right-wing group. This group kills liberals that have too much power (Bobby Kennedy, MLK, Jimmy Hoffa). One of them (an expert shot from the mob or the group) had a rifle like the one the gave Oswald, who they knew would probably miss. Oswald fired and missed and the assassin, from another close location) didn't.

Jack Ruby, either a member of that group or mob, or maybe another one paid by either, shot and killed Oswald before he could talk. Ruby was dying so he agreed to kill Oswald if the mob or group would take care of his loved ones financially after he died.

I have no evidence, just what I saw on the news as an 8-year old.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Jul '13 22:111 edit
    As it happens, the last book I read was Hit List: An In-Depth Investigation into the Mysterious Deaths of Witnesses to the JFK Assassination by Richard Belzer and David Wayne. They make a compelling case for mob involvement in conjunction with some agents of the CIA as well as some pro-Cuba supporters. They also answer your questions about Who killed Tippet and others.

Edit: I heard a quote the other day on the History channel that was someone in the mob talking about the Kennedy brothers, John and Bobby: "If we cut off the tail (Bobby), then the head (John) will turn around and chew us up. So we cut the head off, and the tail will keep on wagging."
  11. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    16 Jul '13 05:22
    Originally posted by carpenoctem
    Mick Jagger.
    After all it was you and me.
  12. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    12 Sep '13 15:01
    I think there were at least two shooters. The Statement on the very improbably trajectory of the bullet I can't believe.
  13. Wat?
    Moves
    12 Sep '13 15:14
    Who Cares?

Who gave birth to Hitler? Anybody know?

Why did David Carradine die in Bangkok?

I mean, I'm more interested in Russ's profits, and what other websites he runs and makes dosh from, rather than ancient conspiracies.

-m. 😴
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    12 Sep '13 15:20
    Originally posted by mikelom
    Who Cares?

Who gave birth to Hitler? Anybody know?

Why did David Carradine die in Bangkok?

I mean, I'm more interested in Russ's profits, and what other websites he runs and makes dosh from, rather than ancient conspiracies.

-m. 😴
    "I'm more interested in Russ's profits... "

Then increase the volume of your posting activity to this centerpiece forum
    to help increase 'eyeball hits' which still drive site advertising revenues.

-b.
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    12 Sep '13 15:401 edit
    "The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie (deliberate, contrived, and dishonest)
    but the myth (persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic)." -John F. Kennedy

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree