General Forum

General Forum

  1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    23 Aug '15 05:53
    Eugene Bullard
  2. Standard memberPJKeogh
    Seaside Relaxer
    Blackpool
    Joined
    19 Aug '15
    Moves
    544
    23 Aug '15 10:25
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Eugene Bullard
    Nice thread Wolfgang.This man's life story could very easily be given the Hollywood treatment.Gives me something to Google in the wee hours when all is quiet here in the Keogh household.
  3. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Joined
    09 Jun '14
    Moves
    10079
    23 Aug '15 14:13
    Originally posted by PJKeogh
    Nice thread Wolfgang.This man's life story could very easily be given the Hollywood treatment.Gives me something to Google in the wee hours when all is quiet here in the Keogh household.
    one amazingly brave dude
  4. Standard memberPJKeogh
    Seaside Relaxer
    Blackpool
    Joined
    19 Aug '15
    Moves
    544
    23 Aug '15 15:122 edits
    Originally posted by redbadger
    one amazingly brave dude
    Indeed.
  5. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    7203
    23 Aug '15 16:29
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Eugene Bullard
    Because he has a French name.

    (Sadly, that's probably part of the reason... and sadly, there's another, much more obvious part.)
  6. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    23 Aug '15 17:03
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    Because he has a French name.

    (Sadly, that's probably part of the reason... and sadly, there's another, much more obvious part.)
    He's not the Red Baron, I know, pretty sad really. I've read the Red Barons book, was quite good.
  7. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    526359
    25 Aug '15 14:58
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Eugene Bullard
    from Wikipedia:

    The 2006 movie Flyboys loosely portrayed Bullard and his comrades in World War I.

    In 2012-2014 the French writer Claude Ribbe wrote a book on Eugene Bullard [32] and made a TV 52' documentary.[33]

    seems like there were films already?
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    26 Aug '15 00:15
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    from Wikipedia:

    The 2006 movie Flyboys loosely portrayed Bullard and his comrades in World War I.

    In 2012-2014 the French writer Claude Ribbe wrote a book on Eugene Bullard [32] and made a TV 52' documentary.[33]

    seems like there were films already?
    I missed that but there seems to have been much more to his life than WW1.
    Club owner in Paris.
    Volunteer in WW2
    Getting wounded (again)
    Escaping to Spain.
    Getting beaten up by New York's finest.

    A biopic would be fascinating.
  9. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    526359
    26 Aug '15 11:24
    Maybe the Ribbe book and docu would be a good starting point?
    Though I presume they are only in French (at least at Amazon.de)
  10. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    526359
    21 Oct '15 07:34
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    I missed that but there seems to have been much more to his life than WW1.
    Club owner in Paris.
    Volunteer in WW2
    Getting wounded (again)
    Escaping to Spain.
    Getting beaten up by New York's finest.

    A biopic would be fascinating.
    If I ponder this I think that it would be material for starting a crwodfunding,?
  11. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29872
    21 Oct '15 10:46
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Why dont they make a film about ...
    Cyril Evans. A bit of background, but mainly his life after April 1912.
  12. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29872
    21 Oct '15 10:55
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Why dont they make a film about ...
    Clifton James: one of the key British Generals of WW2.
  13. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    97209
    22 Oct '15 01:10
    ME
  14. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29872
    22 Oct '15 03:11
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    [b]ME[/b]
    Not everyone believes it's for real.
Back to Top