"Why is this forum dying?"

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
19 May 16

Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
16. No humour.

17. No freedom of expression.

18. Always be over-sensitive to imagined slights.

19. The highest goal in life is to be a panjandrum.

20. If you must dote, do it in private, offline.
21. ennui ["a feeling of utter weariness and discontent; boredom"] www.randomhouse.com

Read a book!

Moves
19 May 16

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
21. ennui ["a feeling of utter weariness and discontent; boredom"] www.randomhouse.com
Thanks for helping us with the definition, Bobby.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
20 May 16

Originally posted by HandyAndy
Thanks for helping us with the definition, Bobby.
... my pleasure.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
01 Jun 16

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (OP)
"Why is this forum dying?"

18 Feb '14 20:11 Thread 153985 (Page 16)

"I whole-heartedly support and endorse your statement that you have cared about this forum and its contributors for seven years. During these seven years your comments and thought-provoking ideas have frequently rejuvenated my flagging mind and I salute you ...[text shortened]... ellent prophylactic efforts to treat this." @Rene-Pogel

Your thoughts?
“Aspire to decency. Practice civility toward one another. Admire and emulate ethical behavior wherever you find it. Apply a rigid standard of morality to your lives; and if, periodically, you fail ­ as you surely will ­ adjust your lives, not the standards.” ―Ted Koppel

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
01 Jun 16

“Aspire to decency. Practice civility toward one another. Admire and emulate ethical behavior wherever you find it. Apply a rigid standard of morality to your lives; and if, periodically, you fail ­ as you surely will ­ adjust your lives, not the standards.” ―Ted Koppel
FU MF

F

Moves
01 Jun 16

In so far as they are loyal to you and might be liable to your influence, have you ever considered aiming at least some of your homilies about "civility" and "decency" [assuming copy pastes of other people's words can be said to constitute homilies] directly at some of your staunch and vocal supporters and defenders who are often among the most gratuitously rude and most hostile posters in this community? πŸ˜‰

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
01 Jun 16

Originally posted by FMF
In so far as they are loyal to you and might be liable to your influence, have you ever considered aiming at least some of your homilies about "civility" and "decency" [assuming copy pastes of other people's words can be said to constitute homilies] directly at some of your staunch and vocal supporters and defenders who are often among the most gratuitously rude and most hostile posters in this community? πŸ˜‰
Your post is a prime example as to why this forum is dying.

Fault finding, ridicule, judgementalism and condemnation is all you seem to have to contribute to any topic GB or any other Christian starts in this forum. It is you that's the master of gratuitously rude behavior in this community.

"...most hostile posters in this community?"

Do you ever read posts made by anyone other than those posters you disdain? You just say that kind of stuff because you think you're clever. The only points you have to make are the ones you create by twisting the meanings and intents of what is being said.

What's so sad about it is you don't even realize you're doing it because you're so self absorbed.

F

Moves
01 Jun 16

Originally posted by josephw
Your post is a prime example as to why this forum is dying.
I beg to differ. It was honest, germane and polite.

a

Moves
01 Jun 16

Attitude reflects leadership.

Those who suppose themselves leaders of this forum need not ask the forum why it is dying. They need to ask themselves.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
01 Jun 16

Originally posted by FMF
I beg to differ. It was honest, germane and polite.
Common! That's no fun. Be mean like me. πŸ˜‰

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
01 Jun 16

Originally posted by arbeider
Attitude reflects leadership.

Those who suppose themselves leaders of this forum need not ask the forum why it is dying. They need to ask themselves.
Well, I'd like to know who it is that thinks they're a leader in this forum. Were they duly appointed? Was there a free and democratic election? I don't recall anyone running for the position.

But, if it's attitude you want, I nominate Seitse. πŸ˜‰

F

Moves
01 Jun 16

Well, I'd like to know who it is that thinks they're a leader in this forum. Were they duly appointed? Was there a free and democratic election? I don't recall anyone running for the position.
What about this from last month on a thread called "Ballad of the Goodly Fere"?

I put the following to Grampy Bobby:

"It always strikes me that the points you seek to score are recorded, first and foremost, on a scorecard in your own mind ~ and then in a broader, fuzzier way, you seek to score points in the minds of that large silent majority of people who you sincerely believe look to you for forum leadership and who you believe are ever hopeful that you will prevail against all the stuff you disapprove of. Am I close?"

And his answer?

"Yes"

Thread 168355

Make of it what you will.

a

Moves
01 Jun 16
1 edit

But, if it's attitude you want, I nominate Seitse. πŸ˜‰
I think it is a fair question and honestly I don't have a good answer for you.

If you look at the Thread List where the Last post is today, 01 Jun '16, there are 17 threads. 9 were created by one person. 8 were created by the rest of the Red Hot Pawn community. Maybe that is a good place to start.

Read a book!

Moves
01 Jun 16

Originally posted by arbeider
I think it is a fair question and honestly I don't have a good answer for you.

If you look at the Thread List where the Last post is today, 01 Jun '16, there are 17 threads. 9 were created by one person. 8 were created by the rest of the Red Hot Pawn community. Maybe that is a good place to start.
Consider the content and quality of the threads rather than the number.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
01 Jun 16

Originally posted by FMF
What about this from last month on a thread called "Ballad of the Goodly Fere"?

I put the following to Grampy Bobby:

[b]"It always strikes me that the points you seek to score are recorded, first and foremost, on a scorecard in your own mind ~ and then in a broader, fuzzier way, you seek to score points in the minds of that large silent majority of people ...[text shortened]... se?"

And his answer?

"Yes"

Thread 168355

Make of it what you will.[/b]
GB was just playin' with your head. You make that crap up so he played you for a goober. Just gets under your skin don't it that GB dwarfs your mentality, that's why you're always going after him with meaningless tripe.

GB knew everything you think you know long before you was ever born sonny boy. πŸ˜‰