1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Nov '15 10:44
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Id be happy if you stopped cluttering up our threads with crap posts.
    No, this is not a "You got peanut butter on my chocolate" moment.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Nov '15 10:48
    Originally posted by radioactive69
    Yeah........about as important as the $14.40 chow mein thread

I hate to tell you this Suze but until we were dumped on your doorstep, every thread on here was crap. Honestly.....are word games that exciting?
    Word games are great, not necessarily on a message board forum. I don't participate in them much myself. But I wouldn't go so far as to say it was all crap. The ratio of crap to good has gone up recently, though, even you have to admit this.
  3. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    04 Nov '15 11:34
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Word games are great, not necessarily on a message board forum. I don't participate in them much myself. But I wouldn't go so far as to say it was all crap. The ratio of crap to good has gone up recently, though, even you have to admit this.
    Yeah it has.........ever since the other forum refugees arrived.

No to be truthful, the other forum was pretty boring now that I look back on it. Same crap day in day out. Half a dozen posters at best. Enjoying this forum with a new bunch of people very much. A lot more interesting and a lot less messy.
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 Nov '15 11:562 edits
    In my view, all active site members obviously have discretionary leisure time needs to fulfill. Some compete in chess games only; others also contribute to private and/or public forums. Lively threads with relevant topics of interest provide a focal point for conversation and discussion while "Word Games" provide a cameo venue for those with limited time. I for one welcome the geographic and cultural diversity present on this forum.
  5. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    04 Nov '15 12:23
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    In my view, all active site members obviously have discretionary leisure time needs to fulfill. Some compete in chess games only; others also contribute to private and/or public forums. Lively threads with relevant topics of interest provide a focal point for conversation and discussion while "Word Games" provide a cameo venue for those with limited time. I for one welcome the geographic and cultural diversity present on this forum.
    It's beginning to become a more congenial experience.

Soon we'll be taking root here in the GF, bagging our favourite seats, bringing in food and generally putting our feet up! πŸ™‚
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    04 Nov '15 13:11
    Originally posted by Startreader

Soon we'll be taking root here in the GF, bagging our favourite seats, bringing in food and generally putting our feet up! πŸ™‚
    Fear the arrival of the Birmingham Bandit. It has been fortold he will come to the rescue of the GF regulars...
  7. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    04 Nov '15 14:02
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I'd be happy if you guys could stop cluttering up the GF with crap threads.

"Is the sun hot?" Wow.
    Hey Suze, The "is the sun hot" thread is going off. Come on in and join the action. Don't be shy. I'll save a seat for you.
  8. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    04 Nov '15 14:04

I'll light the Barbie. You grab some snags. Roma can bring the booze. Has someone got some decent party music they can bring?
  9. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    04 Nov '15 14:19
    I'll light the Barbie. You grab some snags. Roma can bring the booze. Has someone got some decent party music they can bring?
    I know a nice song about werewolves! πŸ™‚
  10. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    04 Nov '15 14:34
    I know a nice song about werewolves! πŸ™‚
    You can bring a warren Zevon album along. Good chilling music for late in the night. We need someone to bring something upbeat to get it cranking along.

Startreader, can you make some space over the back there. And watch out for the word puzzlers. Wouldn't want to disturb their games. Sorry dudes, we'll keep it down to a dull roar.

Ssshhhh......will you check out those nerds with their dictionaries. Might have to drag one of them up for boogie on the dance floor.
  11. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    04 Nov '15 15:06
    .... Has someone got some decent party music they can bring?
    ...err, "The Boys Are Back In Town" ?

Yeah guys, liven up this Geriatric Forum a bit !
  12. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    04 Nov '15 15:13
    Originally posted by moonbus
    ...err, "The Boys Are Back In Town" ?

Yeah guys, liven up this Geriatric Forum a bit !
    Great choice. A bit of Thin Lizzy will get it cranking. Now you're getting into the spirit.

Moonbus, you're on cheese and bickies. Those word nerds are not going to know what hit em.
  13. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    05 Nov '15 06:10
    Great choice. A bit of Thin Lizzy will get it cranking. Now you're getting into the spirit.

Moonbus, you're on cheese and bickies. Those word nerds are not going to know what hit em.
    Does this mean I can have Foster's now instead of prune juice with my oatmeal?
  14. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    05 Nov '15 13:30
    Originally posted by moonbus
    Does this mean I can have Foster's now instead of prune juice with my oatmeal?
    No....it means you have Dr Jurd's Jungle Juice (an Australian alcoholic delicacy) with your vegemite and toast. Oatmeal? Are you a horse?
  15. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    05 Nov '15 19:46
    No....it means you have Dr Jurd's Jungle Juice (an Australian alcoholic delicacy) with your vegemite and toast. Oatmeal? Are you a horse?
    No, not a horse; oatmeal keeps me regular.

I shall submit a petition regarding the Dr. Jurd's Jungle Juice to Nurse Ratched.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree