1. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    23 Jun '14 02:51
    Probably my favourite time in the year.

Jimmy Connors on the atmosphere at the All England Club: "New Yorkers love it at the US Open when you spill your guts at the US Open. Spill your guts at Wimbledon and they make you stop and clear it up."

Pat Cash on the British weather: "What would I do to improve Wimbledon? How about moving it to the summer?"

"I won the Wimbledon Mixed Doubles title in 1980." -- Tracy Austin
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Jun '14 11:511 edit
    Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
    Probably my favourite time in the year.

Jimmy Connors on the atmosphere at the All England Club: "New Yorkers love it at the US Open when you spill your guts at the US Open. Spill your guts at Wimbledon and they make you stop and clear it up."

Pat Cash on the British weather: "What would I do to improve Wimbledon? How about moving it to the summer?"

"I won the Wimbledon Mixed Doubles title in 1980." -- Tracy Austin
    I will be shouting for Miss Sabine Lisicki, she is such a gorgeous person, she deserves to win it for being so awesome.
  3. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    23 Jun '14 12:12
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I will be shouting for Miss Sabine Lisicki, she is such a gorgeous person, she deserves to win it for being so awesome.
    I will be not watching any of it and praying that long streak of Scotish misery Murray gets thumped.
  4. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    23 Jun '14 12:17
    I'll be supporting Andy Murray naturally 🙂. But in his current form I'll be fairly surprised if he gets past the quarter finals.

The women's game has suddenly become more exciting and competitive. Madison Keys and Eugenie Bouchard are just two of the up-and-coming stars. Lisicki has a lovely smile and big personality and it was a great achievement for her to reach last year's final.

Heather Watson is playing in the ladies' singles, and reached the semis at Eastbourne last week. When and if she and the four other British girls have all been knocked out I may switch allegiance to Bouchard due to my family connection with Canada.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Jun '14 12:36
    Originally posted by redbadger
    I will be not watching any of it and praying that long streak of Scotish misery Murray gets thumped.
    Andys not in good form and sadly neither is Miss Sabine, but id walk a million miles for a flash of that gorgeous smile of hers.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Jun '14 12:37
    I'll be supporting Andy Murray naturally 🙂. But in his current form I'll be fairly surprised if he gets past the quarter finals.

The women's game has suddenly become more exciting and competitive. Madison Keys and Eugenie Bouchard are just two of the up-and-coming stars. Lisicki has a lovely smile and big personality and it was a great achievemen ...[text shortened]... ll been knocked out I may switch allegiance to Bouchard due to my family connection with Canada.
    Miss Sabine Lisicki is a dreamboat.
  7. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    23 Jun '14 12:43
    Miss Sabine Lisicki is a dreamboat.
    is lust allowed in JW way of life Zen Master?
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Jun '14 12:44
    is lust allowed in JW way of life Zen Master?
    No its frowned upon, but I am not lusting after her, simply dreaming of playing chess with her on a Mississippi river boat
  9. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    23 Jun '14 12:56
    No its frowned upon, but I am not lusting after her, simply dreaming of playing chess with her on a Mississippi river boat
    I don't really have the impression that she'd be interested in that, but keep dreaming 😉
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Jun '14 13:012 edits
    I don't really have the impression that she'd be interested in that, but keep dreaming 😉
    On the contrary, chicks dig poetry and dressing up and chicks dig kilts, I am a Scottish poet, how hard can it be? 😛
  11. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    23 Jun '14 13:02
    Robbie the chess and riverboat don't they carry sexual conotations/the best move on the board is to TAKE the Queen/and the Riverboat Sailing UP says it all.
  12. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    23 Jun '14 13:05
    Robbie the chess and riverboat don't they carry sexual conotations/the best move on the board is to TAKE the Queen/and the Riverboat Sailing UP says it all.
    I wish I hadn't started this thread.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Jun '14 13:261 edit
    ouch! are you a psychologist, have I just been psychoanalyzed and my subconscious is spilling out all over the forum floor, i feel violated!

Miss Lisicki would sup southern comfort and lemonade, I a malt whisky, she would wear long lace dresses and I would be a river boat gambler, I would duel for her honour and when I get wounded she would lovingly tend to my wounds and nurse me back to health and fall in love with me. I would write poetry and verse to keep her happy. We would be awesome.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Jun '14 13:311 edit
    I wish I hadn't started this thread.
    Relax, everythings good!
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Jun '14 13:381 edit
    contd

she would take me to her daddys house and introduce me. He would reject me because hes a doctor and I am a peasant farmer poet. He would lock Miss Lisicki up in her room and she would cry all night, refuse to eat and prove most forlorn. I would hire a raven with payment of corn on the cob to fly in poems to keep her spirits up. Her hair would grow so long that I would climb up and rescue her and whisk her away to be married by the light of the silvery moon.

True story.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree