1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    13 Jan '13 06:061 edit
    Wishing Well Game

Here's a parlour game I recently learned from a friend in California. She said the first person makes three wishes. Second grants one wish; grants something not mentioned; or grants none. And, then, makes three of his/her own. Let's see. Okay, I'll wish for 1) Improvement in my chess game (the real game, not the "Lose If You Can" variation. 2) An opportinity to be with a few Red Hot Pawn Friends (or almost friends) on a beach or in a cozy pub during 2013. 3) More thumbs for my personal collection. Your turn. Please be careful about what you wish. You fondest wish may come true.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jan '13 07:041 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Here's a parlour game I recently learned from a friend in California. She said the first person makes three wishes. Second grants one wish; grants something not mentioned; or grants none. And, then, makes three of his/her own. Let's see. Okay, I'll wish for 1) Improvement in my chess game (the real game, not the "Lose If You Can" variation. 2) An opport ...[text shortened]... llection. Your turn. Please be careful about what you wish. You fondest wish may come true.
    A question: do all three wishes, like yours, have to be completely self-centred or contrived so as to talk about oneself? Or can they be somewhat more magnanimous and/or philanthropic? It's your parlour game, so perhaps you could clarify.
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    13 Jan '13 07:21
    Originally posted by FMF

A question: do all three wishes, like yours, have to be completely self-centred or contrived so as to talk about oneself? Or can they be somewhat more magnanimous and/or philanthropic? It's your parlour game, so perhaps you could clarify.

"Here's a parlour game I recently learned from a friend in California. She said the first person makes three wishes. Second grants one wish; grants something not mentioned; or grants none. And, then, makes three of his/her own."

Sure. Glad you asked. Texas Songbird's brief explanation of her parlour game (and she has many) made no
    mention of limitations, as I recall. So, I guess your choice of which personal wishes to post is wide open.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jan '13 07:443 edits
    So, I guess your choice of which personal wishes to post is wide open.
    Well to be fair, I am not interested in participating in the game. I was just struck by how you'd started yet another thread as an apparent device for you to talk about yourself. So I was curious whether you wanted people to talk about you, or whether you wanted people to talk about themselves in a similar way to how you talk about yourself.
  5. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    13 Jan '13 08:07

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    13 Jan '13 08:091 edit
    Originally posted by FMF

Well to be fair, I am not interested in participating in the game. I was just struck by how you'd started yet another thread as an apparent device for you to talk about yourself. So I was curious whether you wanted people to talk about you, or whether you wanted people to talk about themselves in a similar way to how you talk about yourself.
    "Well to be fair, I am not interested in participating in the game. I was just struck by how you'd started yet another thread as an apparent device for you to talk about yourself. So I was curious whether you wanted people to talk about you, or whether you wanted people to talk about themselves in a similar way to how you talk about yourself."

Our RHP Wishing Well Game's for everybody (boys and girls over 13; men and women of any height or weight; rich and poor; mighty and puny, weak; beautiful and handsome or ordinary and plain; brilliant and dull; young and old; provisional noobies or members since 2003 and all Patzers inbetween; along with anybody else we don't know who happens to stop by). Most certainly FMF must fit in at least one of those categories. Purpose of the game is to get as many as possible involved. Besides, human wishes are universal. So, post if you wish. Hope you will. Reveal Hidden Content
    Of course you may mail a PM. Nah. Erase that suggestion, if you would. Merci.

7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jan '13 08:12
    Our RHP Wishing Well Game's for everybody (boys and girls over 13; men and women of any height or weight; rich and poor; mighty and puny, weak; beautiful and handsome or ordinary and plain; brilliant and dull; young and old; provisional noobies or members since 2003 and all Patzers inbetween; along with anybody else we don't know who happens to stop by ...[text shortened]... h. Hope you will.Of course you may mail a PM. Nah. Erase that suggestion, if you would. Merci.
    Okay, I'll wish for 1) Improvement in my chess game (the real game, not the "Lose If You Can" variation. 2) An opportinity to be with a few Red Hot Pawn Friends (or almost friends) on a beach or in a cozy pub during 2013. 3) More thumbs for my personal collection.

Perhaps, if I were to enter into the spirit of this game, that is to say the spirit as set by you in your own OP, my three wishes might be [1] I would like to get better at something without having to work for it [plus, insert some sort of dig at others here; they'll know that the dig was intended for them], [2] I wish more people in this chat room liked me and knew that I am nice, [3] I wish more people liked the content of my posts and OPs.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    13 Jan '13 08:57
    Originally posted by FMF

Okay, I'll wish for 1) Improvement in my chess game (the real game, not the "Lose If You Can" variation. 2) An opportinity to be with a few Red Hot Pawn Friends (or almost friends) on a beach or in a cozy pub during 2013. 3) More thumbs for my personal collection.[/b]

Perhaps, if I were to enter into the spirit of this game, that is to say the spirit as ...[text shortened]... liked me and knew that I am nice, [3] I wish more people liked the content of my posts and OPs.
    Having already gotten involved much more than intended, I'll leave Drewnogal's and your own genuine, candidly expressed wishes for the next players to grant. You're quite an interesting and complex guy. Must go. Small round pink pill for my thyroid down the hatch. Time to resume quality time with the sleepy pillow that reminds me of Songbird and the games we once played in her spacious living room in California.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jan '13 09:07
    ...your own genuine, candidly expressed wishes...
    Genuine? My wishes were a parody of your three wishes; the pettiness, the vanity and the self-pity. Didn't you pick up on that?
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    13 Jan '13 12:391 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    My 3 wishes:

"To own 10 acres of woodland.
    To be able to safely handle a chainsaw.
    Design my own cabin with one of these Western porches."

* 10 acres of woodland would probably be too many for you to tend.
    * A chainsaw, you'd probably saw off something you still need.
    * Your own cabin with one of these Western porches, you'd hermit
    yourself up and away. We'd never see you here where you belong.

So, no. You're ill chosen wishes are denied. That's the good news.
    The bad, you now recieve 1 acre already cleared; an Emory Board
    to tidy your nails (all 20, please) between Manicurist Appointments.
    Your own cabin wish is granted. However, it will be made from rough
    hewn logs and have one lovely room with a vu for 2. <3<= Heart.

As to my next three wishes, I wish to give one each to FMF and you.
    Mine I'll use now: May all GF Posters take each other at face value.
  11. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    13 Jan '13 13:56
    Now we know what Texas Songbird's wish was.

She wanted to get as far away from Bobby as possible, without leaving the country.

Not counting Hawaii.
  12. Wat?
    Moves
    13 Jan '13 14:16
    [b]"Well to be fair, I am not interested in participating in the game. I was just struck by how you'd started yet another thread as an apparent device for you to talk about yourself. So I was curious whether you wanted people to talk about you, or whether you wanted people to talk about themselves in a similar way to how you talk about yourself."
    ...[text shortened]... n]Of course you may mail a PM. Nah. Erase that suggestion, if you would. Merci.[/hidden]
    .[/b]
    My rubric says your approach to writing new threads has lots of improvement required.

You scored 3 from 25 on this one!

-m. 😉
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    13 Jan '13 15:131 edit
    Originally posted by mikelom

My rubric says your approach to writing new threads has lots of improvement required.

You scored 3 from 25 on this one!

-m. 😉
    Your wish is hereby granted.

My next three I bequeath to

someone else who cares.
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    13 Jan '13 18:02
    1. Instead of people calling other peoples threads garbage, they should start their own to show how it is done.

2. People stand on their own two feet when they have something to say, instead of trying to please others. Just say what the hell is on your mind without needing any group support.

3. Talk to the poster as you would if you were face to face with that person in the Real World!

The End.
  15. rural North Dakota
    Moves
    13 Jan '13 20:39
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    1. Instead of people calling other peoples threads garbage, they should start their own to show how it is done.

2. People stand on their own two feet when they have something to say, instead of trying to please others. Just say what the hell is on your mind without needing any group support.

3. Talk to the poster as you would if you were face to face with that person in the Real World!

The End.
    I like these suggestions (Wishes)...especially #3. That is the way I approach people on these forums. If they do not show good manners when they speak to me, I bow out for awhile.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree