1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 13:472 edits
    https://www.sciencealert.com/women-can-suffer-health-consequences-long-after-experiencing-workplace-assault-or-harassment

So looking at the Kavanaugh hearings, Dr. Ford is telling the truth and is certain it was in fact Kavanaugh who attacked her.

Anyone believing otherwise are one of the Trumpites totally brainwashed.

These problems are in the area of PTSD and cannot be ignored. Of course Trumpites will kill any such study as BS.
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 13:52
    @sonhouse said
    https://www.sciencealert.com/women-can-suffer-health-consequences-long-after-experiencing-workplace-assault-or-harassment

So looking at the Kavanaugh hearings, Dr. Ford is telling the truth and is certain it was in fact Kavanaugh who attacked her.

These problems are in the area of PTSD and cannot be ignored. Of course Trumpites will kill any such study as BS.
    Great Topic for Debates! 😉

-VR
  3. Gothenburg
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 13:58
    @sonhouse said

I think, the difficulty that some men seem to have to accept these allegations, is because that's how men of different cultures have always behaved towards women - they don't seem to think it's wrong.
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 14:28
    @Torunn
    Why do women wait for 30 years to report an incident? This has happened in many cases.

-VR
  5. Gothenburg
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 14:41
    @very-rusty said
    @Torunn
    Why do women wait for 30 years to report an incident? This has happened in many cases.

-VR
    The first reason I can think of is that living in a culture where mostly men are in higher job positions (and often family too), you try to ignore what happened thinking it shouldn't matter, or that you will forget. And you do somehow, you put it behind you. Then eventually when you are reminded that other women have experienced the same (many years later), it all comes back. Secondly, there was nobody else there who could testify how uncomfortable, unpleasant and sometimes scary, this situation was - to many others it may not be such a big thing.
  6. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 14:43
    @torunn said
    I think, the difficulty that some men seem to have to accept these allegations, is because that's how men of different cultures have always behaved towards women - they don't seem to think it's wrong.
    When true: At first, they have too much to lose and too little to gain. Eventually for some, that reverses itself.
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 17:031 edit
    @torunn said
    The first reason I can think of is that living in a culture where mostly men are in higher job positions (and often family too), you try to ignore what happened thinking it shouldn't matter, or that you will forget. And you do somehow, you put it behind you. Then eventually when you are reminded that other women have experienced the same (many years later), it all comes back. ...[text shortened]... unpleasant and sometimes scary, this situation was - to many others it may not be such a big thing.
    Hell that is still happening today, look at the women who accused the guy that was going to be appointed a judge to the supreme court. She lost and he got his appointment and she will probably end up losing her Job.

Trump nominated Brett Kavanaugh as his replacement, Kavanaugh was confirmed in October 2018. They didn't believe the woman. Brett Kavanaugh sworn in as Supreme Court judge after winning Senate vote by 50 to 48.

So where does it go from here?

-VR
  8. Gothenburg
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 17:252 edits
    @very-rusty said
    Hell that is still happening today, look at the women who accused the guy that was going to be appointed a judge to the supreme court. She lost and he got his appointment and she will probably end up losing her Job.

Trump nominated Brett Kavanaugh as his replacement, Kavanaugh was confirmed in October 2018. They didn't believe the woman. Brett Kavanaugh sworn in as Supreme Court judge after winning Senate vote by 50 to 48.

So where does it go from here?

-VR
    From what I read, there will be backlash on women, it has happened before - but this may not be something to talk about here. I don't think I have much more to say on this topic.
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 17:28
    @torunn said
    From what I read, there will be backlash on women, it has happened before.
    The woman seemed believable to me....will things ever change?

-VR
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 19:23
    @torunn said
    From what I read, there will be backlash on women, it has happened before - but this may not be something to talk about here. I don't think I have much more to say on this topic.
    There bloody well better NOT be repercussions on Dr. Ford. I think there will be backlash big time if there is.
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 22:14
    @very-rusty said
    @Torunn

-VR
    Same reason male victims do.
  12. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 22:41
    @sonhouse said

If only your opinion was evidence.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Oct '18 01:12
    @huckleberryhound said
    If only your opinion was evidence.
    Yeah, I know, Kavanaugh is just a misunderstood choir boy going to church 3X a week and feeding the poor the other 4 days. Sorry, 3 days, on day 7 he rests.
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    10 Oct '18 19:07
    @sonhouse said
    There bloody well better NOT be repercussions on Dr. Ford. I think there will be backlash big time if there is.
    We will have to wait and see, It appears she wasn't believed my a minor majority. So that would mean she lied under oath. I know that doesn't seem fair, but sometimes the law just doesn't work. The bad guy sometimes wins!!!

-VR
  15. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    10 Oct '18 19:21
    @sonhouse said
    Yeah, I know, Kavanaugh is just a misunderstood choir boy going to church 3X a week and feeding the poor the other 4 days. Sorry, 3 days, on day 7 he rests.
    I know. Facts however, don't care about your feelings.

Here are some facts.

The second door that Ford wanted in 2012, that caused her to confide in her husband and her therapist...was built in 2008.
    Someone came forward to claim that Ford tutored a friend in how to pass a polygraph test. This was a man however, so his testimony does not have to be believed.
    Ford claimed to be afraid of flying, but clearly isn't. She took the polygraph test in a hotel beside the Airport she was about to leave from, and regularly visits places such as Hawaii for her hobbies.
    Of the 4 named witnesses, none of them could even corroborate that the event even took place. Her "Friend" denied knowing Kavanaugh at all.
    Ford refused to hand over her Psychiatrists records to the FBI investigation.
    The FBI investigation reported that democrats tried to talk "witnesses" into changing their stories.
    Instead of being given the proper treatment, Ford was given a Partisan Lawyer, her file was leaked, and she was not made aware of the offer to give her testimony in private at her home.
    After the trial a Democratic Intern was charged with doxxing republican senators (Fienstien's intern).

Here is not a fact....Kavanaugh has to be guilty because Ford is a woman.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree