General Forum

General Forum

  1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52766
    27 Aug '15 13:52
    http://phys.org/news/2015-08-nomophobe.html

    Nomophobia, the fear of being without your cellphone!
  2. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    27 Aug '15 13:57
    Noted. Thanks.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52766
    27 Aug '15 14:03
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Noted. Thanks.
    I guess they got that from 'No Mo phone"🙂
  4. Subscriberdivegeester
    digital entity
    libera te ex inferis
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    88226
    27 Aug '15 14:31
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    http://phys.org/news/2015-08-nomophobe.html

    Nomophobia, the fear of being without your cellphone!
    homonomophobia

    The fear of begin thought of as being gay - for having the fear of being without one's phone
  5. Subscriberdivegeester
    digital entity
    libera te ex inferis
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    88226
    27 Aug '15 14:33
    agrohomonomophobia

    the fear of going outdoors without one's phone due to the fear of begin thought of as begin gay for harboring fear of being without one's phone
  6. Rohan
    Joined
    03 Jul '15
    Moves
    3023
    27 Aug '15 14:341 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I guess they got that from 'No Mo phone"🙂
    Definition of "nomophobia":

    "Short for no-mobile-phone phobia, this is the constant fear of not having service and according to researchers in the UK a whopping 50% of people have it..."
  7. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    5232
    27 Aug '15 14:581 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    agrohomonomophobia

    the fear of going outdoors without one's phone due to the fear of begin thought of as begin gay for harboring fear of being without one's phone
    dipsoagrohomonomophobia

    the fear of becoming an alcoholic as a result of drinking to calm your fears of going outdoors without one's phone due to the fear of begin thought of as being gay for harbouring fear of being without one's phone
  8. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    5232
    27 Aug '15 15:00
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    dipsoagrohomonomophobia

    the fear of becoming an alcoholic as a result of drinking to calm your fears of going outdoors without one's phone due to the fear of begin thought of as being gay for harbouring fear of being without one's phone
    monodipsoagrohomonomophobia

    the fear of ending up alone as a result of the fear of becoming an alcoholic as a result of drinking to calm your fears of going outdoors without one's phone due to the fear of begin thought of as being gay for harbouring fear of being without one's phone
  9. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    5232
    27 Aug '15 15:06
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    monodipsoagrohomonomophobia

    the fear of ending up alone as a result of the fear of becoming an alcoholic as a result of drinking to calm your fears of going outdoors without one's phone due to the fear of begin thought of as being gay for harbouring fear of being without one's phone
    dojomonodipsoagrohomonomophobia

    the fear of having to live out your life in a Japanese temple due to ending up alone as a result of the fear of becoming an alcoholic as a result of drinking to calm your fears of going outdoors without one's phone due to the fear of begin thought of as being gay for harbouring fear of being without one's phone

    (As I say to my son sometimes, you've just spoiled it now.....)
Back to Top