General Forum

General Forum

  1. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Joined
    19 Apr '10
    Moves
    55013
    09 May '14 02:552 edits
    the problem is, for every correct action, there is at least one correct response. After a few episodes, the variations become myriad and muddled. Therefore I am giving up on figuring out the complexities, and I am living in the moment as they say. 🙂

    “If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.” - Lao Tzu.
  2. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    40565
    09 May '14 08:08
    Carpe diem.

    But what if you're living in the present and everything falls apart around you? Are you still
    going to be at peace? What if living in the past or future will make you at peace because
    the present suck? Ah, yes, tzu may have been a great thinker, but he obviously didn't think
    that one through.

    Just saying.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    09 May '14 08:17
    Originally posted by C Hess
    Carpe diem.

    But what if you're living in the present and everything falls apart around you? Are you still
    going to be at peace? What if living in the past or future will make you at peace because
    the present suck? Ah, yes, tzu may have been a great thinker, but he obviously didn't think
    that one through.

    Just saying.
    Caveat emptor

    Be careful what self-help books you buy.
    😉
  4. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    40565
    09 May '14 08:201 edit
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Caveat emptor

    Be careful what self-help books you buy.
    😉
    The truth.

    On a separate note, I never got the concept of a self-help book. How's it going to help itself?
  5. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    10128
    09 May '14 08:382 edits
    Originally posted by C Hess
    Carpe diem.

    But what if you're living in the present and everything falls apart around you? Are you still
    going to be at peace? What if living in the past or future will make you at peace because
    the present suck? Ah, yes, tzu may have been a great thinker, but he obviously didn't think
    that one through.

    Just saying.
    I meant to contradict you here but I have changed my mind. I delete my post.
  6. Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Feb '14
    Moves
    1339
    09 May '14 09:52
    Originally posted by lolof
    I meant to contradict you here but I have changed my mind. I delete my post.
    copy that
  7. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    40565
    09 May '14 09:54
    Originally posted by lolof
    I meant to contradict you here but I have changed my mind. I delete my post.
    Feel free to contradict me anytime. I can take it.
  8. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    10128
    09 May '14 11:39
    Originally posted by C Hess
    Feel free to contradict me anytime. I can take it.
    I'm sure you can. It's just that my thoughts and theories were ok in my head, but when I saw them in writing, I knew it wasn't quite what I meant.
  9. Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Feb '14
    Moves
    1339
    09 May '14 11:44
    Originally posted by C Hess
    The truth.

    On a separate note, I never got the concept of a self-help book. How's it going to help itself?
    you need help I must admit a slight homophobic dislike to gay hulk.
  10. Account suspended
    Joined
    10 Dec '11
    Moves
    143494
    09 May '14 11:56
    Golden fish.
  11. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    40565
    09 May '14 11:58
    Originally posted by redbarons
    you need help I must admit a slight homophobic dislike to gay hulk.
    Hey, you're the one who made me gay, sugar buns. Live with it.
  12. Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Feb '14
    Moves
    1339
    09 May '14 12:211 edit
    Originally posted by C Hess
    Hey, you're the one who made me gay, sugar buns. Live with it.
    how could I make u anything unless you are easily swayed by my Svengalyish words.
  13. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    40565
    09 May '14 12:242 edits
    I never realised it until I saw your metaphorical bun?


    Bum! I meant bum!
  14. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Joined
    19 Apr '10
    Moves
    55013
    09 May '14 12:24
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    the problem is, for every correct action, there is at least one correct response. After a few episodes, the variations become myriad and muddled. Therefore I am giving up on figuring out the complexities, and I am living in the moment as they say. 🙂

    “If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.” - Lao Tzu.
    6 thumbs for meaningless psychobabble?

    Noted, I'll post more of that garbage in the future. 🙂


    My OP is sort of a glimpse into my mind. Beware and be afraid. 😞
  15. Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Feb '14
    Moves
    1339
    09 May '14 12:28
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    6 thumbs for meaningless psychobabble?

    Noted, I'll post more of that garbage in the future. 🙂


    My OP is sort of a glimpse into my mind. Beware and be afraid. 😞
    keep it up.and your banter
Back to Top