1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Feb '16 03:00
    What things ~ food and drink [or even beyond] ~ do you like that you think vast swathes of your fellow humans will never like? And what things do people around you consume that you cannot seem to acquire a taste for?
  2. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    17 Feb '16 04:04
    interesting thought, but, i cain't think of anything i like that most folks wouldn't like...
    rattlesnake maybe...
    i prolly wouldn't eat a rat on a stick...
    depends on the spice...
  3. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    17 Feb '16 06:211 edit
    I refuse to eat any form of shellfish - prawns, lobsters, calamari, oysters and all the rest, although I enjoy fish. It's not just the taste, it's that rubbery texture I can't stand.

I like to snack on raw caulflower, too. Nothing added. I NEVER add salt to anything.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Feb '16 06:41
    Originally posted by FMF
    What things ~ food and drink [or even beyond] ~ do you like that you think vast swathes of your fellow humans will never like? And what things do people around you consume that you cannot seem to acquire a taste for?
    Caviar
    Foie Gras
    Tripe
    Oysters
    Ham in aspic
    Blamange
    Salmon mouse

Disgustification of the highest order
  5. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    17 Feb '16 08:25
    coffee of course (weak preferably 🙂 )
  6. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    17 Feb '16 09:141 edit
    Snails, definitely. I got chills down my spine the first time, then warmed up
    to it. Ended never turning down the chance of having garlic butter snails, but
    mostly when I am in Bordeaux and in a particular restaurant I'm quite fond of.
  7. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    17 Feb '16 14:38
    Scotch on "a" rock, for the first question and any "jellied" meat for the latter.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Feb '16 01:38
    A fruit called durian, aside from rare occasions when I've had a 'light' and 'mild' variety [in South Sumatera, for example], has a taste that I think I'm never going to acquire a liking for. I once had to eat a durian [something I would never do voluntarily] in front of live TV cameras in the company of the mayor of a large city. Thank goodness it happened in South Sumatera.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree