General Forum

General Forum

  1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    17 Mar '16 02:42
    Your Thoughts

    "We perform all of the affections with a ceremony of more than patience knowing that presently there is an end."
    (Paraphrased from William S. Merwin's Canos, 1952)
  2. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    17 Mar '16 06:49
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]Your Thoughts

    "We perform all of the affections with a ceremony of more than patience knowing that presently there is an end."
    (Paraphrased from William S. Merwin's Canos, 1952)[/b]
    I think I might not want to know what that means. 😉
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    17 Mar '16 06:56
    Originally posted by josephw
    I think I might not want to know what that means. 😉
    Y
  4. Stargazing
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    89263
    17 Mar '16 13:05
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]Your Thoughts

    "We perform all of the affections with a ceremony of more than patience knowing that presently there is an end."
    (Paraphrased from William S. Merwin's Canos, 1952)[/b]
    What are your thoughts on your OP Grampy Bobby?
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    18 Mar '16 15:20
    Originally posted by divegeester
    What are your thoughts on your OP Grampy Bobby?
    Thanks for your objectively focused question:
    the answer to which is that I for one appreciate its sense of the brevity of human life.

    Your thoughts, divegeester, would be quite welcome.
  6. Stargazing
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    89263
    18 Mar '16 15:511 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Thanks for your objectively focused question:
    the answer to which is that I for one appreciate its sense of the brevity of human life.

    Your thoughts, divegeester, would be quite welcome.
    To be honest, I think it is worded in such a way that it presents the reader with a sense of the author's pompousness.
  7. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    6788
    18 Mar '16 16:27
    2 Corinthians 4:18 “ ... for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.”
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    18 Mar '16 22:43
    Originally posted by JS357
    2 Corinthians 4:18 “ ... for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.”
    JS, your own definitions of "temporal" and "eternal" within the context of this quotation by William S. Merwin would be helpful.
  9. Standard memberHand of Hecate
    Cock Fighter
    Mongo
    Joined
    08 Feb '05
    Moves
    14629
    18 Mar '16 23:31
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]Your Thoughts

    "We perform all of the affections with a ceremony of more than patience knowing that presently there is an end."
    (Paraphrased from William S. Merwin's Canos, 1952)[/b]
    I've got the champagne on ice.
  10. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    19 Mar '16 00:51
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Y
    I think because it is cryptic. I can't find a purpose in the concept of performing affections with ceremony. The whole thing is lost on me. Why would I ceremoniously perform affections patiently because I know there's an end? What end? I'm confused! 😕 😉
  11. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    19 Mar '16 00:53
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    I've got the champagne on ice.
    Why can't you just drink beer like the rest of us. 😵
  12. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45757
    19 Mar '16 01:07
    Originally posted by JS357
    2 Corinthians 4:18 “ ... for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.”
    2 Corinthians. One is the other one's father but he is not the first one's son. 🙄
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    19 Mar '16 01:26
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    I've got the champagne on ice.
    About @Hand-of-Hecate

    "Dear Grampy Bobby,

    I hope you get savagely gang raped by syphilitic KKK bikers. Stop posting my profile you aggravating skid mark.

    Thanks & regards."
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45757
    19 Mar '16 01:32
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    About @Hand-of-Hecate

    [b]"Dear Grampy Bobby,

    I hope you get savagely gang raped by syphilitic KKK bikers. Stop posting my profile you aggravating skid mark.

    Thanks & regards."
    [/b]
    I thought the "Thank you" at the end was a nice touch.

    Albeit optimistic.
  15. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Joined
    09 Mar '08
    Moves
    140821
    19 Mar '16 01:36
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    About @Hand-of-Hecate

    [b]"Dear Grampy Bobby,

    I hope you get savagely gang raped by syphilitic KKK bikers. Stop posting my profile you aggravating skid mark.

    Thanks & regards."
    [/b]
    you know, or not,
    i like to go and read folks thoughts about themselves...

    the addition of the third party to the mix, dang, like too much salt in the tequila...
Back to Top