General Forum

General Forum

  1. Subscriberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Joined
    12 Oct '05
    Moves
    42038
    20 Jul '16 09:23
    http://zerotimedilemma.com/

    Ok guys, i don't normally coo over a computer game, but.
    Coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    In a set up that is definitely Saw-esque, 9 characters are trapped in a test facility by a character only known as "Zero". split up into three teams of three, they are told that 6 of them have to die before they can escape....oh, and the fate of the world is in their hands. No biggie.

    Here's where it gets interesting. They all have bracelets on with clocks, and every 90 minutes they are injected with something that knocks them out, wipes their memory, and that section of the game ends. After the initial game set up you are offered fragments from each team, you pick which one and you have no idea in which order you are playing the game in.
    All i'm going to say is....yes. Very yes.
  2. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    20 Jul '16 09:271 edit
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    http://zerotimedilemma.com/

    Ok guys, i don't normally coo over a computer game, but.
    Coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    In a set up that is definitely Saw-esque, 9 characters are trapped in a test facility by a character only known as "Zero". split up into three teams of three, the ...[text shortened]... e no idea in which order you are playing the game in.
    All i'm going to say is....yes. Very yes.
    I dunno about that, was playing my kids xbox one, a game called Far cry primal, have you played it? was pretty awesome but not as good as Assassins Creed. black flag, best game I've played for ages.
  3. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29885
    20 Jul '16 09:38
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    ...not as good as Assassins Creed. black flag, best game I've played for ages.
    Assassins Creed? And yet it's not so long ago here on this forum that were condemning - without a hint of humour - the watching of Harry Potter and supporting one's country in the Olympics as being morally reprehensible and non-Biblical. 🙄 I'm curious, why does Assassins Creed qualify is morally acceptable in your eyes, or is it only your own playing of it that you condone?
  4. Subscriberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Joined
    12 Oct '05
    Moves
    42038
    20 Jul '16 09:48
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I dunno about that, was playing my kids xbox one, a game called Far cry primal, have you played it? was pretty awesome but not as good as Assassins Creed. black flag, best game I've played for ages.
    Played Far Cry 2, and Crysis (both based on the cry engine). Was never a fan of the ass creed series. I'm more of a horror genre fan.
  5. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    20 Jul '16 10:06
    Originally posted by FMF
    Assassins Creed? And yet it's not so long ago here on this forum that were condemning - without a hint of humour - the watching of Harry Potter and supporting one's country in the Olympics as being morally reprehensible and non-Biblical. 🙄 I'm curious, why does Assassins Creed qualify is morally acceptable in your eyes, or is it only your own playing of it that you condone?
    But Nurse Ratched I don't need to justify a single thing to you.
  6. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    20 Jul '16 10:08
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    Played Far Cry 2, and Crysis (both based on the cry engine). Was never a fan of the ass creed series. I'm more of a horror genre fan.
    I am not a fan of the blood and gore but I liked the missions in assassins creed, especially the ones based at sea 😀
  7. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29885
    20 Jul '16 10:141 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    But Nurse Ratched I don't need to justify a single thing to you.
    I'm just curious. The supposed "immorality" of the Olympic Games was one of the strangest bits of moralizing that you ever did on this forum. A week or two later you let slip that you'd been watching the Olympics and when your hypocrisy was pointed out to you it gave rise to a torrent of your repetitive, abusive catchphrases delivered in anything but a lighthearted manner.

    You have also said in the past that you would never use violence even to protect your wife and children from danger as to do so would be immoral and a "sin". Doesn't Assassins Creed depict - and allow fantasy engagement in - brutal violence?
  8. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    20 Jul '16 10:15
    Originally posted by FMF
    I'm just curious. The supposed "immorality" of the Olympic Games was one of the strangest bits of moralizing that you ever did on this forum. A week or two later you let slip that you'd been watching the Olympics and when this was pointed out to you it gave rise to a torrent of your repetitive, abusive catchphrases. You have also said in the past that you would ...[text shortened]... and a "sin". Doesn't Assassins Creed depict - and allow fantasy engagement in - brutal violence?
    I still don't need to justify anything to you, Nurse Ratched.
  9. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29885
    20 Jul '16 10:18
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I still don't need to justify anything to you, Nurse Ratched.
    Funny kind of moralizing though, when you engage in it while also insisting you don't have to justify it, or - indeed - even follow your own "moral" advice
  10. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    20 Jul '16 10:20
    Originally posted by FMF
    Funny kind of moralizing though, when you engage in it while also insisting you don't have to justify it, or - indeed - even follow your own "moral" advice
    Thankyou Mildred, I'll sit down now.
  11. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29885
    20 Jul '16 10:21
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I am not a fan of the blood and gore but I liked the missions in assassins creed, especially the ones based at sea 😀
    Doesn't Assassins Creed allow you to fantasize about engaging in violence?
  12. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29885
    20 Jul '16 10:23
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    Here's where it gets interesting. They all have bracelets on with clocks, and every 90 minutes they are injected with something that knocks them out, wipes their memory, and that section of the game ends. After the initial game set up you are offered fragments from each team, you pick which one and you have no idea in which order you are playing the game in.
    All i'm going to say is....yes. Very yes.
    How many hours of game play do you think it will take to extract all the novelty and challenges it has to offer you?
  13. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    20 Jul '16 10:23
    Originally posted by FMF
    Doesn't Assassins Creed allow you to fantasize about engaging in violence?
    Have you not played it Nurse Ratched?
  14. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    20 Jul '16 10:24
    Originally posted by FMF
    How many hours of game play do you think it will take to extract all the novelty and challenges it has to offer you?
    No idea Mildred.
  15. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29885
    20 Jul '16 10:25
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Have you not played it Nurse Ratched?
    I wonder if your family fantasize about you engaging in violence in a situation where it was necessary to protect them from danger? 😉
Back to Top