“The Silent Treatment”

“The Silent Treatment”

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
17 Jul 21

@divegeester said
Start a thread about something, stick your neck out, be creative, be more.
Buzz off.

F

Moves
17 Jul 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Oh, he'll do that for months to come. Kelly ignored him for years and he still responded to his posts on a daily basis. That's messed up on so many levels.
Genuine posters don't do that.
I disagree with you. KellyJay continued to make truth claims about the reality in which posters lived, about the nature of the Christian God and about Jesus, and he continued to make assertions about morality.

He stopped replying to certain people because he did not like his weakly-argued views ~ aired on a public discussion forum ~ being subjected to scrutiny and was unable to defend them without tying himself in knots.

His prideful silence was an integral part of the public discourse as were the observations and questions he was unable or unwilling to address.

G

Moves
18 Jul 21

@huckleberryhound said

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
18 Jul 21

@fmf said
I disagree with you. KellyJay continued to make truth claims about the reality in which posters lived, about the nature of the Christian God and about Jesus, and he continued to make assertions about morality.

He stopped replying to certain people because he did not like his weakly-argued views ~ aired on a public discussion forum ~ being subjected to scrutiny and was unable ...[text shortened]... f the public discourse as were the observations and questions he was unable or unwilling to address.
I'm shocked by your disagreement.

Dive has degenerated in his posting style to the likes the Romans. (The person all 3 of us ignored for quite some time). He will ignore the answers I give him and pretend I have said something entirely different. Communicating with such a person is tiresome and ultimately pointless. He also recently made offensive comments about a family member, something he never (rarely) would have done in the past and would have apologised for the following day. My time here at the moment is limited, hence my decision to exclude him from any interactions I have in these forums. Unlike Kelly, I am not trying to avoid scrutiny or well constructed questions. I am avoiding a man with nothing interesting to bring to the conversation. Again, a normal person would accept that and simply find other people to engage with.

F

Moves
18 Jul 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said
No you're not. It's the same point of view as you expressed about KellyJay's tactic, and about divegeester's response, in our club.

F

Moves
18 Jul 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Dive has degenerated in his posting style to the likes the Romans.
No he hasn't. Don't be so silly. It's exactly the same as it was when you were his friend.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
18 Jul 21

@fmf said
No you're not. It's the same point of view as you expressed about KellyJay's tactic, and about divegeester's response, in our club.
There was a time you would have identified sarcasm.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
18 Jul 21

@fmf said
No he hasn't. Don't be so silly. It's exactly the same as it was when you were his friend.
No, you are mistaken.

F

Moves
18 Jul 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said
There was a time you would have identified sarcasm.
No. You weren't being sarcastic.

F

Moves
18 Jul 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said
No, you are mistaken.
divegeester is the same as he ever was.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
18 Jul 21
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Unlike Kelly, I am not trying to avoid scrutiny or well constructed questions.
Oh you most certainly are!

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
18 Jul 21

@fmf said
divegeester is the same as he ever was.
That’s what I thought.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
18 Jul 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I don’t think this is the truth.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
18 Jul 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I am avoiding a man with nothing interesting to bring to the conversation.
You are incorrect.

Among a few others, I am one of the highest drivers of thread content in the General Forum.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
18 Jul 21
1 edit

@fmf said
He needs a reason other than feeling his principles being squeezed by my pliers of scrutiny.

Which of course will continue regardless of his pouting.