2-click moves on ipad

2-click moves on ipad

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hermit

Moves
295d

Hello, is there a way to enable 2-click moves on iPad? I have to drop and drag the moves which is really annoying. On my android phone it has 2-click moves, which is a lot less tedious when analyzing a game. I don’t see a option for it in the settings.

Thanks for your time and help

hermit

Moves
294d
1 edit

@wonwickedclown said
Hello, is there a way to enable 2-click moves on iPad? I have to drop and drag the moves which is really annoying. On my android phone it has 2-click moves, which is a lot less tedious when analyzing a game. I don’t see a option for it in the settings.

What I mean is on most sites and apps you touch the piece you want to move, and then touch the square you want to move it to. With ipad app, you have to touch the piece, and drag it to the square you want it. It's a little tedious with 'long moves' when analyzing games.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
294d

@wonwickedclown said

You cannot click on the piece and click on the spot you want to move to, I'm not sure about the settings sorry.

hermit

Moves
294d
1 edit

@KellyJay
It works like that on my (android) phone, but the screen is so small that I prefer my ipad 🙁

It sounds trivial, but when your playing a bunch of games its hard to tolerate. It was enough that I cancelled my subscription and forfitted my ladder games last time I tried it here. I love the ladders, but not enough for carpel tunnel.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
294d

Understood.

It is missing from the native iOS app. Supporting both simultaneously (as on web & android) can be tricky...so perhaps a switch to enable one or the other might work well and greatly simplify the development.

Once the current web work hits beta I'll be freed up to make incremental app changes, so I'll add this to the list.

hermit

Moves
294d

@Russ
Ah, ok thanks Russ. I thought there must be a setting I was missing somewhere!