1. DonationLuck
    TEA PARTY MEMBER
    St Maarten, Neth Ant
    Moves
    04 Aug '03 02:59
    I have a game where, I belive, we have had the same position 5 times, and I have told that to my opponent, but he ignores the draw!

What am I supposed to do?

Harri / Luck

The game ID:
  2. Joined
    07 Apr '03
    Moves
    04 Aug '03 03:26
    Originally posted by Luck
    I have a game where, I belive, we have had the same position 5 times, and I have told that to my opponent, but he ignores the draw!

What am I supposed to do?

Harri / Luck

The game ID:
    Since it is not enforced on RHP, there is nothing you can do. It is up to both players to agree on the 3 fold repeition draw, if he does not agree, then you must play on!

-Tim
  3. DonationLuck
    TEA PARTY MEMBER
    St Maarten, Neth Ant
    Moves
    04 Aug '03 03:32
    Originally posted by TimmyToilet
    Since it is not enforced on RHP, there is nothing you can do. It is up to both players to agree on the 3 fold repeition draw, if he does not agree, then you must play on!

-Tim
    I will continue to do the same move because if I would change, I would loose!
    😀

Harri / Luck
  4. Joined
    17 Feb '03
    Moves
    04 Aug '03 04:53
    There really should be some sort of arbitrator on site.

Amici Sumus

Feivel the HardcoreFreethinker
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    04 Aug '03 09:08
    It will soon be enforced here.

Until it is, I will deal with each case individually - so any problems, send me the game ids.

-Russ
  6. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    04 Aug '03 14:05
    the three moves rule (which actually is a three positions rule) is not "obligatoary": you CAN claim the draw, but you dont have to.
    Russ, U could give us a button "check 3 positions" and when this box is checked RHP will verify that the position existed alraedy 2 times and the game ends as a draw. not too much "thinking" (servertime) and very close to the real rules of chess;
    th
  7. Standard membergotti2000
    The winemaker
    Austria
    Moves
    04 Aug '03 15:10
    thire is right. The draw is not automatic but has to be claimed.
    You can find the details here:
    <http://www.fide.com/official/handbook.asp?level=EE101>

"...The game may be drawn if any identical position is about to appear or has appeared on the chessboard at least three times. (See Article 9.2)

9.2 The game is drawn, upon a correct claim by the player having the move, when the same position, for at least the third time (not necessarily by sequential repetition of moves)

a) is about to appear, if he first writes his move on his scoresheet and declares to the arbiter his intention to make this move, or

b) has just appeared, and the player claiming the draw has the move.

Positions as in (a) and (b) are considered the same, if the same player has the move, pieces of the same kind and colour occupy the same squares, and the possible moves of all the pieces of both players are the same.
    Positions are not the same if a pawn that could have been captured en passant can no longer be captured or if the right to castle has been changed temporarily or permanently.
    ..."

gg
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    04 Aug '03 21:26
    Originally posted by thire
    the three moves rule (which actually is a three positions rule) is not "obligatoary": you CAN claim the draw, but you dont have to.
    Russ, U could give us a button "check 3 positions" and when this box is checked RHP will verify that the position existed alraedy 2 times and the game ends as a draw. not too much "thinking" (servertime) and very close to the real rules of chess;
    th
    This is how it was to be designed/coded anyway. Checking after every move would be too expensive - so I'm rather pleased that the rules are in line with my plans. 🙂

-Russ

[BTW - When I say expensive, I mean, expensive in processing time, not money]
  9. Joined
    27 Nov '02
    Moves
    05 Aug '03 01:261 edit
    Originally posted by gotti2000
    thire is right. The draw is not automatic but has to be claimed.
    You can find the details here:
    <http://www.fide.com/official/handbook.asp?level=EE101>

"...The game may be drawn if any identical position is about to appear or has ap ...[text shortened]... castle has been changed temporarily or permanently.
    ..."

gg
    Once it is claimed, it has to be accepted by the opponent. I am assuming that the player is correct in claiming it!

Rolf

PS: if I am correct!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree