Accidental move..thumb hit move button..

Accidental move..thumb hit move button..

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i

Moves
30 Oct 19

Can I reasonably request a callback on an obviously accidental move (undoubtedly, still my fault) ?

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
30 Oct 19

@iceczar said
Can I reasonably request a callback on an obviously accidental move (undoubtedly, still my fault) ?
No. After submit is hit is is hit.

There were suggestions before to give some timer that would give you some time after hitting submit bevor the actual submitting to the site is done, but it never took off.

You can however suggest that anew in "Site suggestions"

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
30 Oct 19

@iceczar said
I can't believe you have been a member since 2004 and do not know this.
Perhaps you are a new user taking over someone else's account.
Anyway I suggest you do what I always do:-
Go to analyze game, make your move and when you're happy with it , go back to the main board, replicate your move and then hit the send button

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
01 Nov 19

@iceczar said
You could certainly request the 'callback'. But it wouldn't be reasonable.

R

Moves
09 Nov 19

D

Moves
09 Nov 19

D

Moves
09 Nov 19

D

Moves
09 Nov 19

D

Moves
09 Nov 19

RHP Member No.16

Moves
26 Nov 19
1 edit

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
28 Nov 19

@venda said

Go to analyze game, make your move and when you're happy with it , go back to the main board, replicate your move and then hit the send button
That sounds like a good idea, although it would take more time....I like the so many seconds delay time to change the move. Then I don't know if I'd be 100% behind this idea as I've often noticed my mistake after making my move and already hit the send button. This would be giving me a second chance to change my move which doesn't seem fair as it wouldn't work like that in an OTB game.

-VR