1. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    04 Jul '03 19:182 edits
    I usually hang out in the forum and rely on the 'games waiting' link at the top of the page to tell me when I have a move to make. I seldom check the 'My Games' link as a result.

Is it possible to make it so when someone resigns a game, it will show up as a move on the 'games waiting' link?

It would be useful in case you and your opponent want to get another game going right away and you also have your challenge filter set to a low number whereby a rematch game cannot be started.

As it is, when you and an opponent are both online and making frequent moves, you end up waiting around for them to make their next move just to eventually find out they have resigned.

Just a minor problem, I know, but an idea....
    (and after you fix that, could you make it so they resign more often!!! LOL)

regards,
    Marc
  2. SubscriberRhymester
    and RedHotTed
    Red Hot Rebel Clan
    Moves
    04 Jul '03 20:08
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    I usually hang out in the forum and rely on the 'games waiting' link at the top of the page to tell me when I have a move to make. I seldom check the 'My Games' link as a result.

Is it possible to make it so when someone resigns a game, it will show up as a move on the 'games waiting' link?

It would be useful in case you and your opponent want ...[text shortened]...

regards,
    Marc
    This is very similar to a request I've made on numerous occasions: ie: I'd like ALL finished games to come up one last time so that I don't miss that last remark made by opponent when they pull out a surprise checkmate, accept a draw or resign.

Rhymester
  3. Standard memberChaswray
    NUTTING BUSTER
    Baseball Purgatory
    Moves
    04 Jul '03 20:18
    Originally posted by mwmiller

It would be useful in case you and your opponent want ...[text shortened]...

regards,
    Marc
    Excellent idea! It would be nice to know when a game is over from other areas on the site

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree