1. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    28 Feb '04 00:22
    We have to add to the black list MIGHTYMOUSE2004,rolo666,gingernut and JonesyShaggedUrMum (hope I spelled right).............................rating manipulators grow like mushrooms,help!
  2. Standard memberstammer
    just another webgeek
    Moves
    28 Feb '04 01:13
    One thing that might help is denying non-Pawn stars recognition on the player tables.....at least denies them that bit of ego....
  3. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    28 Feb '04 01:35
    It's a good idea,I noticed mightymouse2004 only because he was next to me in player tables,even if it isn't right that non-subscribers who play real chess can't see their position in the playertables.
    They deserve it because they give to all of us such a load of games to play with genuine chess.

regards,Ravello
  4. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    01 Mar '04 02:32
    Black list update,new entries:shadowwolf0907,member of the mighty Losing is also an art clan (!!!!!!!!!) and of Black Knights clan,is guilty of without-move resigning vs Messdupkid (fake account),giving draws and wins with 2 moves check mate to his Black Knights clan leader Dukeballinhomie (who's the creator of this fake players).
    What do you think ,Tejo?
  5. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    01 Mar '04 02:32
    Black list update,new entries:shadowwolf0907,member of the mighty Losing is also an art clan (!!!!!!!!!) and of Black Knights clan,is guilty of without-move resigning vs Messdupkid (fake account),giving draws and wins with 2 moves check mate to his Black Knights clan leader Dukeballinhomie (who's the creator of this fake players).
    What do you think ,Tejo?
  6. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    02 Mar '04 02:35
    Originally posted by crythias
    Minimum number of moves to resign. That's all. It won't keep people from completely cheating, and it will make it harder to detect cheaters, but resignation after the, say... 8th to 12th (arbitrary, random, and unspecified by RHP) move will make it too tedious to cheat. Yes, you can still resign to the same player, but it will probably not be worth it. An ...[text shortened]... re than a few points from a low ranked player.... Things may have changed... I haven't checked.
    Yahoo introduced a policy like that, the only problem is WHEN YOU DO WIN IN UNDER 10 MOVES!! It happened to me a few times, that is, i had a tactical field day and didn't get anything for my trouble.

It's a pain to loose to a cheat, but its worse to a standard win/move rate thingy rob you of a win!
  7. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    02 Mar '04 02:37
    I think the site should addopt a policy of flagging cheaters, PERMENANTLY. With a permanent symbol by a players handel, showing them as the cheating teddy they r, will allow people to know what they are letting themselves in for. Let them have a 3500 point rating for all i care, just make it obvious to the rest of us.
  8. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    02 Mar '04 15:05
    Black list update:gigamansje,minireusje,killerman,a case of multiple ids from the same player,playing against each other.............I want to see at the end of the year how much cases will be spotted.............with this trend i guess it will be hundreds.
  9. Joined
    27 Nov '03
    Moves
    02 Mar '04 16:22
    Originally posted by Ravello
    Black list update:gigamansje,minireusje,killerman,a case of multiple ids from the same player,playing against each other.............I want to see at the end of the year how much cases will be spotted.............with this trend i guess it will be hundreds.
    Ravello is right; these are no longer isolated incidents. The whole issue is in danger of getting out of hand. Something must be done (thumps table with fist for emphasis) but I'm not sure what is possible.😕
  10. Standard memberRedmike
    Godless Commie
    Glasgow
    Moves
    02 Mar '04 16:42
    Originally posted by marinakatomb
    Yahoo introduced a policy like that, the only problem is WHEN YOU DO WIN IN UNDER 10 MOVES!! It happened to me a few times, that is, i had a tactical field day and didn't get anything for my trouble.

It's a pain to loose to a cheat, but its worse to a standard win/move rate thingy rob you of a win!
    Another site I've played on has this 10-move rule. However, if you genuinely win in under 10 moves, you just contact the admins and you'll get the credit for it. We could do the same here.
    I'm not sure how much this will deter the determined cheat.
    Is there nothing we can do in terms of detecting the IP address of the connecting PC? I'm not expert on these webby matters, but we could maybe prevent games between players who initially registered at a given PC?
  11. Standard memberpaultopia
    High Priest
    The Volcano
    Moves
    02 Mar '04 17:27
    Originally posted by marinakatomb

Uh... but surely, if you've slaughtered them to the point where they feel moved to resign in under 10 moves (excluding an actual checkmate which wouldn't be covered under the "no early resignation" rule), then you still get credit for the win if either (a) they just give up and you time 'em out, or (b) you beat them around the chessboard until move 11, then they resign.
  12. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    02 Mar '04 17:27
    On the It's Your Turn site, you can write a review of your opponent and rate him on courtesy and fairness and things like that. You'd want some sort of over site if done here to protect players against false accusations. But I wouldn't mind being able to look at a players "review" or recommendations by his opponents.
  13. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Mar '04 19:22
    Solution seems simply enough. Non pawn stars can't carry a rating. No rating = no player table listing. They can chesstabate forever. No-one will know or care. 😏

skeeter
  14. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    02 Mar '04 19:42
    Originally posted by skeeter
    Solution seems simply enough. Non pawn stars can't carry a rating. No rating = no player table listing. They can chesstabate forever. No-one will know or care. 😏

skeeter
    It's a drastic but good idea,however the spotted cheater mossgroup is a pawn star.............
  15. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    03 Mar '04 23:01
    Two new entries by Dukeb.:WaYOuTPaWn and drumoyne.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree