Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

1. 16 Mar '03 06:31
    How about a feature that brings up a separate window with the current position of the game you are playing where you can move the pieces around to look at different lines of play.
    -Bob
  2. 17 Mar '03 01:33
    Originally posted by SkipSlot
    How about a feature that brings up a separate window with the current position of the game you are playing where you can move the pieces around to look at different lines of play.
    -Bob
    I would also like that.

-mike
  3. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    17 Mar '03 02:38
    This is going to happen, but probably not for a couple more months.

-Russ
  4. Donation legionnaire
    Free Thinker
    17 Mar '03 04:41
    Could you tie it into a pared down version of Rival chess? Since that program is already available for pawnstars, maybe a version that has the computer AI removed would be useful. Clicking on a button in the details section of the game would open a copy of this 'lite' version of Rival chess with the FEN position of the board already loaded in. All that would be required is that the person download this reduced version of the Rival Chess.

I just thought it might save you some time, anyway. I guess Rival would have to be configured as a browser plug-in, but that doesn't seem like it would be that difficult.

-mike
  5. Standard member paper
    tiger
    17 Mar '03 16:31
    Originally posted by Russ
    This is going to happen, but probably not for a couple more months.

-Russ
    Could you have a button to restore the correct current position after we try a line?
  6. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    17 Mar '03 18:35
    Of course - no problem.

-Russ