Archived games - information missing.

Archived games - information missing.

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

d

Brooklyn, NY

Moves
23 Sep 04

I just went back through my archived games, and found a curious omission.

When viewing a resigned game, the page does not indicate WHO resigned. In the one game in question (I shan't link it -- and embarassingly I still can't work out WHY I resigned in a dead even game) I was able to find the winner by viewing game history but in the main board display it's missing.

No 1-0 indicator, no dsb3 resigns, nothing!

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
23 Sep 04

Its not the most intuitive, but u can work it out pretty easily...
Under game state it says resignation, and when you look at the board, you can see the little green squares indicating who last moved. So, I think it follows, that the person who didn't move last is the resignee.

I've never tried resigning and moving a piece at the same time, so I'm not sure if the above is 100% correct, but it should be the case 99% of the time.

D

d

Brooklyn, NY

Moves
23 Sep 04

It *used* to do that.

Then it was determined that since green square meant "this person's turn" and after the game was over it wasn't anyone's turn, the square was removed for games that were over.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
23 Sep 04

Originally posted by dsb3
It *used* to do that.

Then it was determined that since green square meant "this person's turn" and after the game was over it wasn't anyone's turn, the square was removed for games that were over.
I think we might be talking about different green squares... maybe?

When I look at a game that my opponent resigned in 2 days ago, I see two green squares on the board, indicating what my last move was, ie: h1 and say, g1.

Are u referring to the green square under the action heading on the actual 'My Archive' page?

D

d

Brooklyn, NY

Moves
23 Sep 04

Ah! Yes, I thought you were talking about the small green square that you see for example in the "user xxx's public games" list that goes beside the person's name whose turn it is to move.

d

Brooklyn, NY

Moves
24 Sep 04

Here's some more information missing from the "playchess" screen (perhaps not as interesting on the viewhistory)

Time control, date game started, date/time of last move ....