1. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Sep '04 22:533 edits
    I think I'm right in saying that most clan leaders don't want to send or receive blind challenges. Could it be made optional in the clan settings to send / accept blind challenges or not?

I'm sure most clan leaders are, like myself, being driven nuts by the constant messaging and jiggling you have to do just to simply set up a fair challenge.
  2. Standard membertlai1992
    Retired knight
    Chess Castle
    Moves
    15 Sep '04 23:40
    Originally posted by Exy
    I think I'm right in saying that most clan leaders don't want to send or receive blind challenges. Could it be made optional in the clan settings to send / accept blind challenges or not?

I'm sure most clan leaders are, like myself, being driven nuts by the constant messaging and jiggling you have to do just to simply set up a fair challenge.
    yes then we wouldn't have to negotiate
  3. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    16 Sep '04 01:31
    Whenever I recieve a blind clan challenge I always message the leader and ask for the players that will be involved in the challenge. So far every clan leader that has bothered to respond has responded honestly excepting one. I am still in favor of a system that would allow us to see whom is being sent. I don't think the guessing game was part of the original clan challenge theory, I may be wrong. I think it should be possible to view all the opponents in a given challenge from both clans openly. I don't know how hard this would be to imlement but it's something that I believe would negate the animousuty created when challenges go wrong.

Nyxie
  4. Joined
    23 Feb '03
    Moves
    16 Sep '04 06:56
    I`ve asked Russ time and time again just to enable us to view the members sent over in a blind challenge. That way we could either accept or decline. But alas...........................................................
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    16 Sep '04 08:35
    Ok, guys, this has to be the most requested clan fix ever. Funny thing is, I originally thought that the blind challenges would add something to the clan challenges. I should have changed this along time back.

I was going to bundle this up with the clan update, but I will do this TODAY!!!! (I like to dramatise these things.)

-Russ

BTW : I have started the clan league work now too.
  6. Joined
    23 Feb '03
    Moves
    16 Sep '04 08:56
    Originally posted by Russ
    Ok, guys, this has to be the most requested clan fix ever. Funny thing is, I originally thought that the blind challenges would add something to the clan challenges. I should have changed this along time back.

I was going to bundle this up with the clan update, but I will do this TODAY!!!! (I like to dramatise these things.)

-Russ

😉 Russ, you`re a good man to do what you do.
  7. SubscriberRhymester
    and RedHotTed
    Red Hot Rebel Clan
    Moves
    16 Sep '04 10:16

-Russ

Russ

If you do get round to this... would it be possible for the current ratings of the player's in the challenge to be displayed as well as perhaps comparison aggregate ratings for the overall challenge.
    This would save us having to click back and forth to check if the pairings are acceptable. 🙂

Andrew
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    16 Sep '04 10:20
    I will get in all I can.

It won't be made live today, due to testing, but I see no reason at the moment why it could not be available tomorrow.

-Russ
  9. SubscriberRhymester
    and RedHotTed
    Red Hot Rebel Clan
    Moves
    16 Sep '04 10:25
    I will get in all I can.

It won't be made live today, due to testing, but I see no reason at the moment why it could not be available tomorrow.

-Russ
    I can send RedHotTedover if you need a hand - sorry! Paw 😉
  10. Over seas
    Moves
    16 Sep '04 12:55
    This will be a real time saver. Sometimes it is difficult to find the time to search and compare. Flipping screens back and forth yada yada.
    Anyway that is great.

Mike
  11. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    16 Sep '04 14:19
    This work is now complete. With an average rating for each clan that can be updated as you make selections.

-Russ
  12. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    16 Sep '04 23:35
    This work is now complete. With an average rating for each clan that can be updated as you make selections.

-Russ
    Thank you russ, you're a doll.
  13. Standard membertlai1992
    Retired knight
    Chess Castle
    Moves
    16 Sep '04 23:47

-Russ

does this mean that when someone sends over a challenge you will be notifyed who they sent over without out that clan leader pming you??
  14. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Sep '04 10:30

-Russ
    Russ,

It still appears to be "blind" when you're issuing new challenges. I just get a list of Opponent 1, 2, 3, etc and next to that it says rating n/a? I'm confused.

Exy 😕
  15. Joined
    26 May '02
    Moves
    17 Sep '04 10:51
    Originally posted by Exy
    Russ,

It still appears to be "blind" when you're issuing new challenges. I just get a list of Opponent 1, 2, 3, etc and next to that it says rating n/a? I'm confused.

Exy 😕
    Exy, that's how it should be. A clan leader has to be able to pick their own players for a match, not have them chosen by the challenging clan. If you want to ensure a fair line-up, you'll still need to send a PM to the opposing clan leader, and negotiate. But if you do trust the other clan leader to be fair, then the new system should save a lot of time.

Dave

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree